Wine list and or Wine Specials on Island Princess 2914

SunPeaks Peter

Does anyone have any info on the wine list or wine specials for the Island Princess for 2014.

I have seen the wine list for 2013 (I think Alaska) but nothing for the Panama cruises this season.

My wife and I are on the Island Princess for a Panama Canal cruise in February and would like any info that anyone can provide. Should we bring our own wine on board and pay the corkage or are there good quality wines at reasonable prices available with package deals on the first day.

Thank you for any feedback you may have.

So... Do they not offer a special deal the first day on the cruise like they did in the past? It seems like they have changed the deal to accommodate people who appreciate different qualities of wine. This is a progressive way of thinking. I would still appreciate a wine list to see what they are charging for a bottle of wine to see if it makes sense to buy prior and pay the corkage. Hey, if it is only a matter of a couple of dollars including corkage then I won't bother going to Costco or Ralph's.

Check out this thread started by Largin:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1814677

The list in the first post was the list for several years. In post 52, Astro Flyer posted the list from the Royal. This list has many changes and a number of the old wines have gone up a buck or two in cost. Don't know if this list has been rolled out to other ships. We board the Sapphire on Monday and I will check out her wine list.

Check out this thread started by Largin:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1814677

The list in the first post was the list for several years. In post 52, Astro Flyer posted the list from the Royal. This list has many changes and a number of the old wines have gone up a buck or two in cost. Don't know if this list has been rolled out to other ships. We board the Sapphire on Monday and I will check out her wine list.

Thank you for that. I've printed it out for our group. We do understand that not all wines are available, more than once we've ordered off the menu, only to be told they are sold out. But, this may affect how many bottles we take onboard with us.