Actual Time At Port

sjmbruce

I may be misunderstanding, so please set me straight if I am wrong.

I am looking at an itinerary for a Caribbean cruise with NCL. On this side, there is a please note section that states:

Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking.

Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing.

So, if the boat is scheduled to be in port from 8-5, according to the itinerary, I should expect to leave the boat at 10 and have to be back on by 3? A nine hour day becomes barely 5 hours?

I am an inexperienced cruiser, but on my last cruise we were pretty much off the ship 15 minutes after arriving and had up to half an hour or so before sail away to board. Is NCL different?

So, if the boat is scheduled to be in port from 8-5, according to the itinerary, I should expect to leave the boat at 10 and have to be back on by 3? A nine hour day becomes barely 5 hours?

8am-5pm is when you could be off the boat. There isn't usually two hours on either end, but this time slot is indeed time you spend in port.

Edited by erinm03

I am looking at an itinerary for a Caribbean cruise with NCL. On this side, there is a please note section that states:

I am an inexperienced cruiser, but on my last cruise we were pretty much off the ship 15 minutes after arriving and had up to half an hour or so before sail away to board. Is NCL different?

What you experienced on your last cruise is what you will experience on NCL. Just remember that All Aboard is 1/2 hour before Sail Away. Don't cut it too close.

Disembarkation is when you get off the ship permanently (your final day)

You must be on the ship 2 hours before scheduled sailing on embarkation day only (your first day)

Disembarkation is when you get off the ship permanently (your final day)

You must be on the ship 2 hours before scheduled sailing on embarkation day only (your first day)

Thank you for this very important clarification! Even with a cruise completed, I still haven't latched on to all of the lingo. I can now happily continue planning the NCL cruise that will bring me to two of my bucket list islands: Curacao and St. Lucia.