Anyone stayed in REGATTA Cabin#4030 ?

mistik

Because you'll be so low on the ship, you'll feel less rocking and rolling than anybody else on the ship, especially those in the PH level on the 8th deck, and because you're towards the centre of the vessel, you won't feel as much pitching in heavy seas than those passengers in the pricier Owner and Vista Suites at the bow and stern.

You may experience some foot traffic those port days when the gangway is on Level 3 and passengers will use your hallway to head forward from the reception area, but unless you were planning to sleep in, the noise shouldn't bother you.

I should warn you, however, to keep your shades drawn until the pilot boat pulls away. As we left the port one evening, I saw the pilot give an unusually hearty wave as he pulled away from the Insignia to somebody on the 4th deck. We found out from our dinnermates later that evening that one of them had emerged from her shower just as the pilot boarded his boat and was probably the reason for his enthusiasm.

Thanks drwong.

The shower "incident" you related was hilarious!

I shall keep it in mind when performing my ablutions.

I do have another cabin under consideration.

But since I'm traveling solo and paying what seems like a 200% $ingle $upplement, I may have to stay within the Category C level.

At least there's a "window" for me to gaze out.

But how I will envy you luxe cabin cruisers :-)

The "luxe" ain't so "luxe," for those affected by pitching and rolling in heavy seas - your lower deck accommodations might actually be more comfortable!

Several lines, from Cunard to some of the smaller boutique lines, have single-occupancy cabins (usually in places where it's too tight to squeeze two beds), but unfortunately, Oceania isn't one of them.

To beat the single supplement surcharge, you should try posting an ad on the CC boards for a travelling companion. Even if you end up with a 60%-40% split, it's still less expensive than paying 100% for an empty bed in your cabin.

Although CC doesn't allow "ads" of any kind, including non-commercial ads for a roommate, roommate solicitations HAVE appeared in the various ROLL CALL forums ("fora," actually, but nobody speaks proper Latin anymore). Locate the ROLL CALL for that thread.....and ask if anyone is willing to share. You are targeting the specific group of people who would be most inclined to "share" if they are already sailing on your ship. Similarly, drop a hint in your posting here in the Oceania forum and see if anybody bites! You can also post an ad on http://www.travelchums.com or the OceanaCruiser (sic) or WayfaringWomen Yahoo Group. I'd hate to give up a cruise on Oceania for want of a roommate!

Cheers,

Richard

We actually stayed in cabin 4030 this past May for 14 days. We heard absolutely no noise from above, below or outside at anytime; not even the hallway intercom. There was only the gentle rhythmic sway felt while the ship was in motion. The cabin was convenient to the stairway and reception/front desk area. It definitely met our needs for the cruise.

My sister (Merf1) & I loved cabin 4030. Our daughters were in an inside cabin on Deck 7 & had no complaints, either. We've booked 2 more cruises on the Regatta. We only had 2 days at sea on the May cruise so we booked a cabin with a veranda for the Panama Canal cruise....8 days at sea plus 3 in our cabin. We have 4021 booked for the Barcelona/Stockholm cruise, but might change to Deck 6...4 days at sea & 3 in the cabin. I really think you'll be happy wherever your cabin is on the ship. Enjoy!

Archived