Anybody have the answers to these 3 questions?

jkasm

I am having trouble finding information on Costa's web site. Maybe someone here can answer some questions for me.

1. We are departing on the Luminosa Feb. 24th at 9:00 PM. With this late of departure when is boarding time?

2. What does such a late departure do to the dining schedule?

3. I have filled out all the pre boarding information on Costa's website and printed up the single page boarding pass. Will I be receiving any other documentation from Costa? Luggage tags?

Thanks in advance for any information.

I am having trouble finding information on Costa's web site. Maybe someone here can answer some questions for me.

1. We are departing on the Luminosa Feb. 24th at 9:00 PM. With this late of departure when is boarding time?

2. What does such a late departure do to the dining schedule?

3. I have filled out all the pre boarding information on Costa's website and printed up the single page boarding pass. Will I be receiving any other documentation from Costa? Luggage tags?

Thanks in advance for any information.

1. Boarding time for us in December 2012 was about Noon, December 2013 was about 1pm, we were among the first to board

2. Dining times are unchanged, dinner was about 6:30pm and 9:15pm

3. about 30 - 45 days prior to departure I am always able to print out the boarding passes and luggage tags at the same time, You will have to fill out a brief health questionnaire prior to boarding.

1. Boarding time for us in December 2012 was about Noon, December 2013 was about 1pm, we were among the first to board

2. Dining times are unchanged, dinner was about 6:30pm and 9:15pm

3. about 30 - 45 days prior to departure I am always able to print out the boarding passes and luggage tags at the same time, You will have to fill out a brief health questionnaire prior to boarding.

Thank you so much! If Costa gave out information as well as you do I would be much happier!

Thank you so much! If Costa gave out information as well as you do I would be much happier!

Funny but true. It can be quite frustrating at times...

If you enjoy a cocktail or two a day and some great coffee I highly suggest the All Inclusive Drinks Package

I've always booked directly with Costa (UK) and they always send me a PDF of my tickets by email, after I've paid in full and gone online to complete passport information. The final pages of the ticket have luggage tags. I cut them out and tape Sellotape to both sides to make them more sturdy and less likely to tear off when being handled at the port.

AM, are you saying that the luggage tags should be available once your registered all your info? I did print our boarding forms, but I don't recall seeing anything for luggage tags.

Maybe I need to take another look? We are on the 3/7 Luminosa cruise.

And thanks for the info re boarding so early. I'm surprised. I didn't think we would be allowed to board so early. I may have to take an extra day vacation!

Finally, is there the usual buffet meal available when you board the ship. Do you think they will close it up for the evening meal. I'm rather surprised, with such a late departure, that they are going to still have a sit down option, especially for late dinner.

AM, are you saying that the luggage tags should be available once your registered all your info? I did print our boarding forms, but I don't recall seeing anything for luggage tags.

Maybe I need to take another look? We are on the 3/7 Luminosa cruise.

And thanks for the info re boarding so early. I'm surprised. I didn't think we would be allowed to board so early. I may have to take an extra day vacation!

Finally, is there the usual buffet meal available when you board the ship. Do you think they will close it up for the evening meal. I'm rather surprised, with such a late departure, that they are going to still have a sit down option, especially for late dinner.

The buffet is generally open all day and into the evening on boarding day. We didn't bother with the MDR that day.

• 2 weeks later...

i also was a bit concerned when i couldnt access the luggage tags. i called costa and they told me the documents/tags are not accessible until 21 days before the date of the cruise. i think this is the case with most cruise lines, just the time before sailing varies. you can input the information at any time you like after you have a booking number.

I have my luggage tags, they were at the end of the PDF file for you to print. If not I would call the Costa office, they are very helpful :)

I also recommend the AI package - it is a great deal! (I have purchased it again). The AI package is the main reason I am booked back on Costa. The staff and ship were great last year, the food.....mediocre, but the AI package helps make up for that ;)

For the boarding time vs departure.....it was actually nice to be able to enjoy the ship while it was still 1/2 empty! We boarded early and got the layout of the ship and enjoyed a lounge chair! Our sailing was delayed a few hours due to international flights being delayed. I think that is the main reason it is scheduled to late already.

On the Luminosa 26 Jan, boarding started about 13.00, cabins were ready about 14.00. Boarding is a bit dependent on US Customs and Miami Port Authority, neither of which count as one of my favourite organisations.

There was a full buffet in the evening. Our sailing was 23.00 with muster at 22.15, passengers were still boarding at 22.00. Meal times were advanced 1/2 hour, but I'd assume your muster to be 20.30, so regular meals (18.30 & 21.15).