Royal Princess Baltic concerns

freodr

We are booked on the Royal Princess Baltic cruise and I'm not going to let one diversion in Nynashamn take away from it. The prices we got for the cruise were outstanding and SPB Tours is picking us up at the tender to do a tour and Princess gives much more time at that port for Nynashamn than they do for docking in Stockholm. I suppose if the sail in is a deal breaker for someone, then they should pick another line. As to why Princess is going to Nynashamn, I wonder if it relates to the size of the Royal. We are going into Berlin with SPB Tours. I doubt we would ever get to Germany again and it's our one opportunity. We'll suck up the long bus ride.

It's not just the 'diversion' to Nynashamn that is causing concern, I realise that the time spent in that port is longer, but there are other issues with that cruise as well. I particularly would like to sail through the Archipelago, so all things considered the Emerald is the best cruise for me. As for getting a good deal, personally I would rather pay a more (within reason!) and get exactly what I want rather than 'make do'. I don't think that we will be back in Northern Europe any time soon, so have to see and do as much as we can. Berlin and several other cities will be tagged on at the beginning or end of the cruise. Looking forward to having a great time on the Emerald. Hope you have a great time on the Royal.

It's interesting that they have not put excursions up for Nynashamn/Stockholm yet (every other port is up other than Aarhus). I am wondering if they plan to do tests after the transatlantic and still may give Stockholm a shot. We'll find out soon enough.

I'm also on the 14Jun Royal Princess sailing which the OP was booked on (and very happy with my choice)......and I thought the same thing regarding Stockholm excursions not yet posted - due to possible change of port?. I'll keep watching.