Vision of the Seas for family??

JediMom

Hello -

We're looking at booking our 4th cruise February 2015. DH & I are in our early 40's and DS will be 9. We loved the LOS and have the BOS booked in about a month so we're looking at a completely different class of ship.

A few things about our previous cruise (LOS):

- Only DH used the rock wall and flowrider, it doesn't matter to him if they're on the ship or not.

- DS's "requirements" for a ship are swimming with stingrays and a pullman.

- While he did enjoy adventure ocean on the last cruise, he didn't use the H2O splashzone often because the water was too cold for him (LOS).

- I'm fine anywhere, but I'd prefer a balcony which puts the VOS from Tampa in a better pricepoint than FOS from Pt Canaveral.

- DH and I both agree we'd like to do a 7 day next time - 5 days just seems too short :(

- Nightclubs don't interest us as we were usually in bed at the same time as DS.

- Our favorite bars (Schooner and Viking Lounge) seem to be standard on both ships.

- We'd like to sail out of Florida - we're not stuck on any port though.

- We're not interested in trying Oasis/Allure yet ... maybe once DS is older and would enjoy more of the ammenities.

So from a pricepoint, it looks like VOS would work for our next vacation. BUT I'm wondering a few things ...

Because it's not a "kid friendly" ship (like the Freedom/Oasis classes) will there even be any kids on the ship in Adventure Ocean?

Will the majority of passengers be older and the entertainment will serve more of an older crowd?

While we like to relax, we also like to be entertained ... will we be bored on a Vision class?

One of the best cruises I've been on was on the Vision. My husband and I went with four friends (all 30-40 years). There were definitely kids on board but I'm sure no where near what you would find on Freedom or Oasis class.

The shows where the same as you would find on any ship. RC does a good job of making sure all their ships have consistent offerings, regardless of class.

I actually enjoyed the smaller ship. It was so much easier to get from one place to the next and it didn't take half as long.

Hello - A few things about our previous cruise (LOS):.....So from a pricepoint, it looks like VOS would work for our next vacation.

Then yes, according to all your points you said above, Vision Class will be awesome for your family:)

BUT I'm wondering a few things ...

Because it's not a "kid friendly" ship (like the Freedom/Oasis classes) will there even be any kids on the ship in Adventure Ocean?

Will the majority of passengers be older and the entertainment will serve more of an older crowd?

While we like to relax, we also like to be entertained ... will we be bored on a Vision class?

1. Yes, plenty, and especially because out of FLL and because of pricing. AO and teen areas are newly renovated.

2. Nope! A great mix of ages like all other ships imo

3. You won't be bored AND you'll be relaxed too! You're sea days wont be spent standing in line with your son at Florider for an hour... you'll be top deck enjoying a great pool (larger than Radiance I think) and having a great day chilling out!

Thank you both!! I figured as much, but i couldn't get any info from the reviews I read.

Is there a jogging track on the pool deck? On a different deck outside? One of my favorite things is a morning run watching the sun come up - best part of the vacation imo ;)

Is there a jogging track on the pool deck? On a different deck outside?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1973232

Scroll down to post #13 for pic of jogging track on topdeck 10

Click the links on post #1 for reviews and thoughts on the Vision if you haven't found many.

Have an awesome cruise!! :D