Cozumel on Good Friday

stsbj

The Epic will be stopping in Cozumel on Good Friday, and I was wondering if all the excursions will still be running, or are things likely to be closed due to the holiday. (Mexico is a pretty Catholic country). Does anyone have any experiences with this?

And if you have any recommendations for a family of 5 (2 adults, 15, 12 and 8yr olds) for fun things to do, it would be appreciated!

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

I'd really love to know this, as well! Anyone have any experience with this?

I'll be there on RCI on April 18th and I'm really hoping that shops and restaurants will still be open. My guess is that it's too touristy to close down but I want to be sure!

Thanks!

And if you have any recommendations for a family of 5 (2 adults, 15, 12 and 8yr olds) for fun things to do, it would be appreciated!

We took 15 and 16 year old on an ATV OFF ROAD ADVENTURE & BEACH BREAK We had two ATVs, but from memory there was a four seater available. Book thru Island Marketing - was $260 all in.

Bus from port to ATV store, short trip on public road to "jungle", thru jungle to beach, along beach to some Mayan ruins, and then back.

Included lunch at a hotel afterwards, and use of the hotel pool facilities.

8.30am slot, it was just us with two guides.....it was 9.30am ship time, so not too early.

Definitely recommend.

Edited by Froggitt

we were in Cozumel on Good Friday two years ago- it was packed and active and open for business. Everything was running. We did the Atlantis submarine tour, and it was really great- excellent visibility and we saw sharks, rays, turtles, and the whole fantastic reef... it would be a great option if your kids are into that kind of thing. Last year we went to Nachi Cocum- an all inclusive beach resort thing- also fun.