Taking sons friend. What do I need?

Shar27

We are taking my sons friend with us on our March break cruise. They are both 15. :eek: ;)

I will call Royal and ask them what they recommend we bring with us, but sometimes you can get different answers from different agents.

So I'm putting it out there to the helpful CC population. What do we need to bring with us?

Any suggestions/recommendations from people who have done this before? They will have their own inside cabin across the hall from us.

also....since he is a minor...I would recommend you get a letter from his parents stating that he is on vacation with you dates info, etc ( have them get it notarized). I work for a airline...and have seen issues with travel, different names etc thru security.

Edited by mitaxi

I might also bring along a copy of front & back of the health insurance card for the minor who is traveling with them. RC link mentions having release signed by "one" of the parents, both would be safest if possible.

Other things: Money to put on his "card" for sodas, snacks etc while onboard and spending money for when on excursions. Discuss with his parents the potential costs if he calls his friends or them from the ship on his cell phone so there are no surprises when the bill comes. How will you stay in touch with them for their peace of mind?

Edited by UPGrandma
Adding comment