kids menu

Millipilli

I am going on my first cruise ever in october 2014 (the Star TA) with DH and dd13. We are all really excited and I have got a lot of great tips from reading threads here on CC. One thing I haven't been able to find is the kids mdr menu. If anyone has a picture of it I would really appreciate it.

Also is there any agelimit for ordering off the kids menu?

Hi and welcome also as a posting member here in CC! :)

NCL's Dining Guide says this about kids' menus:

CHILDREN EAT FOR LESS

Children 3-years old and younger always eat for free. In our specialty restaurants, children 4- to 12-years old can choose from a complimentary Kids’ Menu or from the restaurant’s Specialty Kids’ Menu for half price.

If you are eating in MDRs, I'm sure that your dd can get something that she'd like to eat even if it wasn't straight from the kids' menu. In speciality restaurants they might be a bit more strict about the age limit because if affects the cover charge.

Can't help you with the actual kids' menu though, sorry.

Thank you Demonyte. No plans of eating in specialty restaurants yet. DD is Unfortunately a bit of a picky eater. But I guess we can always drop by the buffet, if she doesn't like what they have in the mdr;)

The main buffet on most of the NCL ships I've been on have a special kids buffet area. It's usually the same menu of kids' favorites like hot dogs, fries, mac & cheese, etc. In the morning there's eggs and pancakes and other items, including small cartons of milk and of course breakfast cereal boxes.

I don't have a picture of the Kid's menu but if memory serves me well it's the kind of things you would normally expect: small pizza's, burgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese, chicken fingers, spaghetti, fries, onion rings, etc.

Trust me, you will have no problems finding SOMETHING on board for even the most picky of eaters. :D

No problem. :)

In my experience the whole NCL restaurant staff is very eager to please, especially with problems like picky eaters or other dietary restrictions - don't be afraid to ask in MDRs if you can't find something specific that your dd could eat, worst they can do is to say "no". :)

We cruised on Star in 2012 on a reposition cruise from Tampa to New York and besides meeting some great new people, we also had some of the best crew we've met on NCL ships (especially in MDRs, our group of 4-8 ate most meals in Aqua even though it is noisier of the two MDRs because our favourite waitress was there for the most of the cruise).

I'm sure that you all will have a great cruise!