Luggage Tag Question

Pesh

I just completed my check-in, so took a look at all my cruise documents, and was wondering about the printable luggage tags. It seems like they could easily rip off, since they're just printer paper that gets stapled on. Is that a valid concern? Should I laminate them or print them out on card stock? Thanks for your advice!

I just completed my check-in, so took a look at all my cruise documents, and was wondering about the printable luggage tags. It seems like they could easily rip off, since they're just printer paper that gets stapled on. Is that a valid concern? Should I laminate them or print them out on card stock? Thanks for your advice!

I use to just use packaging tape around them and then you just staple them onto your bags.. but I have heard of others using cruise tag holders so I ordered some off Amazon and you just fold them and slip them into the holder.. and they can be reused over and over. just depends on your time frame if you have time to order any otherwise packaging tape will do the trick.

You should not attach your luggage tags until you are heading/arriving atthe pier. The porters have staplers so when you hand your luggage off to them, they can staple your tags on if you did not do it before leaving the airport/hotel.

I have purchased the luggage tags from cruise critic and just slip the printed tags inside but before i had the CC tags, i would laminate the paper ones or just cover them with clear packing tape. It worked fine.

Just make sure you name is on the inside of your luggage as well as an external tag.

Edited by Almost Packed

I bought the tag holders from the CC store and plan to use them on future trips that don't mail me tags. I bought the "wide" plastic holders and gave them to all the kids for our November trip on RCCL. They are very strong and could easily hold a business card for other travel. You do have to cut the printed tags down to get them to fit as folding them makes them to thick to fit.

Thanks the responses and advice! Great advice about making sure names are inside the luggage as well, will definitely do that!

It's actually a good idea to print a few extra copies of your luggage tags and put a copy inside each piece. That way, in the unlikely event the outside tags get torn off, the inside tags can expedite delivery to your cabin.

Also.. Although Carnival does not require tags be printed in color, it's a good idea: the decks are all color-coded on the luggage tags, and the easier the porters can see the deck-colors, the quicker they get sorted to the right deck.

I have always just printed the tags on a good quality 2 lb paper and then did the tri fold. Two staples on the bottom and have never had a problem with them getting torn off.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Forums mobile app.

I use card stock to print the tags. I also print an extra tag and slip it inside the luggage in case it gets ripped off. We have never had a problem with them coming off.

This is what I do. I use card stock, tri fold the tags, use packaging tape to completely cover the tags, then staple them to the bags. Never once had a problem.

Using standard paper (20 pound) and tri-folding it as directed on the tag, makes them plenty strong enough to work with just a couple of staples.

In my opinion, packing tape and/or holders are unnecessary. If it was much of a problem at all, Carnival (and other cruise lines) wouldn't do it!