Should I bring my laptop on Oasis?

redbirdoh

Let me start out by saying that I don't want to - but I am a small business owner - just 2 of us that run the biz - and I have to have contact. Is there wireless access in my room? Or should I just use the computers that available?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Let me start out by saying that I don't want to - but I am a small business owner - just 2 of us that run the biz - and I have to have contact. Is there wireless access in my room? Or should I just use the computers that available?

Thank you for your thoughts!

There is wireless access in your stateroom. I'd bring the laptop because the ship computers tend not to be the most reliable. They are also highly restricted in what you can do.

WiFi will be available. If you're using Outlook, you can download, log off, read, reply, log on, and send on your laptop. The ships charge, for some unknown reason, for time, not data.

Allure has an unlimited package. I don't know if Oasis has the same.

So, normally I'd say "no, enjoy your vacation", it may make sense for you...

WiFi will be available. If you're using Outlook, you can download, log off, read, reply, log on, and send on your laptop. The ships charge, for some unknown reason, for time, not data.

Allure has an unlimited package. I don't know if Oasis has the same.

So, normally I'd say "no, enjoy your vacation", it may make sense for you...

It's been reported recently that Oasis now has unlimited internet plans too.

Sorry to hijack, but instead of starting a different thread....

What is the best way to access the internet on the Explorer? My daughter is missing 2 days of school for our 9 day cruise over spring break, and will likely have to check-in with her teachers or homework buddy. Then possibly use the internet to do her homework depending on the assignment.

She has a chrome book in case that matters.

TIA

What is the best way to access the internet on the Explorer? My daughter is missing 2 days of school for our 9 day cruise over spring break, and will likely have to check-in with her teachers or homework buddy. Then possibly use the internet to do her homework depending on the assignment.

TIA

I would tell the teacher ahead of time. The teacher could print out the work for her on paper and then she could do the work on the ship (or better yet, do it all at once before the cruise!)

I would tell the teacher ahead of time. The teacher could print out the work for her on paper and then she could do the work on the ship (or better yet, do it all at once before the cruise!)

I agree, that would be easiest & most economical for us. I do plan to email the teachers beforehand, and let them know. However, the teachers are under no obligation to have the work ready for us ahead of time. These are 2 days of unexcused absence. (Thurs & Friday before spring break week.)

TIA

On Ex, you will have to find a hotspot, sometimes it will work in the promenade, best bet is Viking Crown. But the system is sometimes unreliable. It is hard to count on it working. But the speed is not bad when it is. Hopefully you can go online, sve what you need the logoff and work offline. otherwise, it could get to be pretty expensive.