Birth certificate with marriage license question

jaime

When boarding a carnival ship using your birth certificate.....since I'm married do I need to use my marriage certificate too. So birth certificate born name. Drivers license and marriage license showing my married name... My friends travel carnival all the time and said they haven't used their marriage license before ... I don't want to be denied boarding....

When boarding a carnival ship using your birth certificate.....since I'm married do I need to use my marriage certificate too. So birth certificate born name. Drivers license and marriage license showing my married name... My friends travel carnival all the time and said they haven't used their marriage license before ... I don't want to be denied boarding....

Better to have it and not need it than not have it. My sister was asked for hers.

I have a passport and my wife just got hers. But before that she carried all the document you said. birth cert, wedding and drivers lic.

My mom was told that there needs to be documentation showing any name changes since the birth certificate, so marriage cert and divorce papers if necessary.

Yes you need all of the above to show proof of name change.

Unless you have a 3rd name involved (you were married before, newly married to guy number 2 and your name on your license doesn't match your newly married name,) you shouldn't need it. However, as everyone else has pointed out, it wouldn't hurt to bring it. It's just one more piece of paper.

Another dumb question...If your passport is in your maiden name and your drivers license in your married name do they go by passport or drivers license? It doesn't matter to me I am just curious so if nobody knows no big deal. I just thought a passport was the definitive be-all end-all of identification?

Another dumb question...If your passport is in your maiden name and your drivers license in your married name do they go by passport or drivers license? It doesn't matter to me I am just curious so if nobody knows no big deal. I just thought a passport was the definitive be-all end-all of identification?

If you just show your passport they won't need to see your license as the passport is a photo id already. However, I'd get my passport updated to my legal name. I suppose at some point it could create issues having a different name than is on your passport.

If the name you booked on matches your passport name your good to go. If they don't match you have to linked them together such as using a marriage certificate.

My mom was told that there needs to be documentation showing any name changes since the birth certificate, so marriage cert and divorce papers if necessary.

This is also what I was told to bring. Was only ask once for the marriage license. Goes to show- you just never know when or if they will ask.

If the name you booked on matches your passport name your good to go. If they don't match you have to linked them together such as using a marriage certificate.

Got it!! Learn something new every day. Never had a name change so I was curious