Rodeway Inn & Suites FLL

gkrnjlr

Has anyone stayed there recently? Is it a good place to stay for 1 night pre-cruise?

I've looked at Tripadvisor, but am looking for someone here that has stayed there.

Our other consideration is the LaQuinta Inn & Suites FLL (in Hollywood).

Thanks!

Edited by gkrnjlr

I would like to know this too. I have a room booked in March. Our flight gets in late in the afternoon the day before our cruise so I didn't need by the beach or anything just a clean room to sleep in and rest before the cruise. The price was reasonable for what I needed. Did I make a mistake?

My parents just got back from their cruise and they stayed their one night, pre-cruise. They said:

I got a good discount via the MTA and for that money we got free transportation from the airport to the hotel, breakfast, and we could have gotten free transportation to the cruiseport. We chose instead to pay the $2.00@ to leave an hour earlier than everyone else and were among the first non-privileged passengers to board the ship!

It's not the Ritz, but it wasn't bad. The biggest drawback is that they claimed to have free internet, but neither of us were able to connect - and I heard from others that they couldn't connect either. (The network was present but no luck. I'm guessing that they were handing out the wrong password.)

It was not a palace, but it was clean and (for us) very convenient.

++++

Hope that helps! (We booked elsewhere because we have a few days, but they just spent the night there. They also picked up a couple bottles of wine for their cruise at the hotel. It was pricy, they said, but still a better deal than buying on board!)

I did end up bidding on Priceline and got the Springhill Suites for $95 (1/26/14). Better hotel, for only $3 more than we were booked at Rodeway for.

Only downside is that I don't think I am eligible for reward points since it was through Priceline.

Thanks for your help!

We've stayed there. Nothing fancy but clean. The big advantage is they have a small shop there if you forgot anything including wine. The transportation was very dependable to the port. (Oh the hamburgers really are very good if you eat dinner there.... there isn't anything else around)

Only downside is that I don't think I am eligible for reward points since it was through Priceline.

Ask at the front desk anyway. Depending who's working, they will award you the points. I've had luck (and no luck) at several hotels this way.

Ask at the front desk anyway. Depending who's working, they will award you the points. I've had luck (and no luck) at several hotels this way.

Thanks! I'll do that and cross my fingers, while expecting the worst. ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We stayed there last June. It was clean, I think cheaper than most. The shuttle was kind of hurry up and wait. As you had to be down there at 9 and I think we left at 10. The restaurant wasn't open when we arrived around 10:30 PM. The shuttle from the airport was prompt. I would stay there again if the price was right.

Has anyone stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Motel 6? We get in at 1am and plan on being out by 9 or 10am. Not looking for anything fancy, just somewhere clean and close to the port. It looks fairly clean and newly renovated on the website and tripadvisor has it with fairly good reviews. Since we will only be using it as a place to rest for 8 hours, I'm not looking to spend $200, which seems to be the going rate for the rest of the hotels in the area that weekend.

We stayed there in December and did not like it at all. Our room was not clean with hair on the bathroom floor and sink. There are no elevators so if you don't get a ground room floor, you will be lugging your luggage up the stairs. My husband and I helped some older people up the stairs with theirs, not sure how they got it back down the next day. :( The breakfast area is packed with cruisers so hard to get to the breakfast let alone a table and it becomes a circus when everyone is trying to depart for the ports with the manager using a bullhorn to herd everyone to where they are going...we made arrangements to get us from FLL to POM so were able to get away from the madness. I like a good deal but will pay more for a better hotel.