Cruised Oasis last week...

Admittedly I don't have the cruise experience of some of the posters on this thread BUT the service we received on Oasis on our recent B2B cruise was excellent.

Both weeks the staff were very attentive and the food was great. If we wanted to try multiple starters, entrees or desserts we could. The food was always hot and one of the teenagers was a very fussy eater who ordered meals with and without certain items. They came as requested and at the same time as everyone else

The food was always hot and sometimes the desserts (over the 2 week period) were slightly not as a good as the week before and we did notice a change in the lobster on the second week in that it was larger than the week before. But the wait staff told us that the ship was trying out a different supplier hence the difference.

I do also enjoy the speciality restaurants particularly chops grille but the MDR whilst not a 5 star restaurant (which I don't believe it's advertised to be) is very good.

Like I said, downunder here in Australia, we would love an Oasis class ship and I have to say the MDR is just as good on the big ship and the small ship (Rhapsody).

If I lived in Florida I would be cruising on those ships as much as I could....

We really loved the Oasis last month. I did think the main dining room was pretty bad. The service and the food. It's funny, we made the same remark, "they must be killing the MDR to encourage people to go to the specialty restaurants." After two nights, we had seen enough. The food was cold and the waiters were ridiculously understaffed. We ate at specialty restaurants for the rest of the week, aside from the WJ the night of St. Thomas.

Other than that, the cruise couldn't have been any better. We actually thought the WJ was much better than the MDR. Probably because the food was warm-hot instead of cold. I know people always say "food is subjective." Quality and temperature is not, though.

We loved our cruise, but it is a shame that the MDR is so bad. I think they're just slashing quality wherever they can to cut costs. From now on, we will just plan on dining in specialty restaurants table 4-5 nights, but that does add a good bit of cost to the cruise.

kruzerci

I notice you were on Oasis the same week as we were ..... what time did you dine in the MDR and what level?

As I said in my previous thread, we cruises B2B on 7 and 14 december, during the first week the head waiter asked us where we would like to sit for the 2nd week and we said "next to the captain's table" .... that's where we sat.

The service was the same both weeks, as was the food and it was never cold..... well except for the desserts LOL