Procedures for disembarking ship

b_bay_girl

Other than our first cruise 8 years ago, we have self disembarked from our ships as we had to be off first for travel plans. This time we do not have to rush off the ship. However, I recall when we gave our luggage up the night before, we had to wait for an overhead page of when we could get off and get our luggage. I don't want to waste time sitting around waiting for a call to leave the ship. How particular are they when you don't get off when your colour or number is called? Or can we do the self disembark and just walk off when we are ready - 9:30 or 10 am, as opposed to getting off first thing?

Thanks. That's fine. I don't want to go before, I just didn't want to have to go when they call, or risk my luggage being put one side and/or misplaced. Does anyone know the latest time they might call numbers? We are going to car rental agency after we get off, and I wonder what time I should book the car pick up for. I figure 10 a.m. - be off the ship by 9:30?

You can not go down BEFORE you number is called but can go anytime after. Just got off today and we waited until final call (as we were waiting on friends to pick us up).

What time is final call usually? We arrive in port at 8am on the day we disembark, and we were wondering how long we'd be able to stay on the ship, since our flights are late that day.

If you end up debarking before your number is called, your luggage may not be in the terminal yet or the terminal area to pick up luggage may not be cleared and open. In that case they will force you outside--no waiting inside--and you will not be allowed back in when luggage is ready for pickup until someone feels you've waiting long enough--almost 2 hours--to finally pick up luggage.

This happened in Tampa. There were 12 people who, some on purpose, some accidently, debarked before luggage area was cleared. They were made to wait outside until custom's officials felt they had waited long enough to punish them for trying to sneak around the system.

They finally allowed one person at a time back in to gather luggage.

I know, because I accidently debarked in a very long line before my zone 1 luggage was available. Both Carnival terminal employees and custom's staff were VERY snide and told us we deserved to wait for trying to sneak off!