Renting a car

Hawkstar33

We're doing the same thing, arriving on the Emerald Princess on March 2nd. I did some research and the only available car I could find was through Hertz. I used this form http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/getting-around/car-rentals/ to get quotes, most places had no cars but Hertz responded right away with all the information. Car pickup/return is supposed to be a few hundred yards from the cruise terminal. Rate is about $50 for the day plus insurance (I'm assuming it will end up costing $100 for the day) They seemed very responsive and helpful through emails, hopefully the car is there and it runs OK! I'll let you know after we return.

• 2 weeks later...
Which hertz location would I want to book from to be closest to the cruise port?

Renaissance Marina http://www.arubarentcar.com/content/view/41/2/

L.G. Smith Blvd. 82 (5 minutes walk from cruise ship terminal)

Oranjestad

Aruba

Phone: (297) 582-1845 Fax: (297) 583-7479

Hours of Operation: 08:00-12:00 and 13:00-17:00 7 Days

It is less than a quarter mile walk between the terminal and the hotel.

Just make sure you check the car thoroughly before taking it out. The last time we rented from them was two different days during the same week. When we turned the car in after the first day we informed them that the car was having trouble "turning over", in other words, the battery was dying.

Well don't you know we were given the same car two days later? Did they fix the battery? The battery died that night after we filled it up at the gas station. :( At least my daughter slept in the back seat :rolleyes: for the 45 minutes we sat there :rolleyes: waiting for Hertz to come get the car. ;)

Edited by Arubalisa

Im looking for a car rental too....

Maybe you can check this:

http://www.carrentalaruba.com/ContactUs.html

I sent them an email....

I know is in spanish but basically says that you get the car near the port the same for de return and it cost $56 with all insurance and taxes....

This is what they wrote me:

Por un clase A el precio es $56,- con el seguro y el tax incluido. Puede ser un Toyota Yaris o Hyundai Accent. Lo podemos buscar a las 9:00 AM cerca del puerto y al traer el vehiculo lo traeremos de nuevo al crucero. Por favor mandar el nombre del cruisero para notarlo en su reservacion.

Nuestra oficina cierra a las 5:00 PM pues hay que devolver el vehiculo a esa hora.

Muchas gracias por su interes en nuestra compania y esperamos oir de Usted pronto...

Cordial saludos,

Mary Geerman