3rd Person Access to Cloud 9 Spa on Dream?

2Feathers

We're considering a Cloud 9 Spa balcony cabin on the Dream for three of us. I've seen the notes about the cabin cost including the spa amenities for the 1st and 2nd passengers only, but the 3rd or 4th passengers not being entitled to those amenities. I even asked the personal planner at Carnival, who seemed pretty unsure on a lot of my questions, but she said that 3rd person cannot access the spa, not even for an additional fee. Is that possible? Surely there is a way to get our 18-year-old son access, even if we have to pay a little extra. Does anyone here have any experience with more than 2 people in a Cloud 9 Spa cabin?

Additional spa passes should be available in limited number. Our first trip on the Dream we toured the spa and I was intrigued by the cloud 9 area. They offered a week pass for $150 (I think) for one and $250 for two. Since I had never indulged like this before, I couldn't justify the expense. Then I found out you could buy a day pass for $30 a day. I did try this and enjoyed that day so much that I talked my hubby into booking a spa stateroom on our next trip on the dream. We enjoyed it so much we now look for cloud 9 trips to take! We are especially looking forward to the relocation trip we have scheduled for April. 4 sea days means LOTS of time in the spa!

The 3rd person just won't get any of the "extras" a spa cabin has.

I can't seem to remember what they are right now but think maybe there was a pair of slippers and a coupon to a yoga class or something like that.

I should also note that the passes (both daily and weekly) are available to the whole ship, not just the 3-4 persons in a spa stateroom, so when I say they are limited, they are LIMITED. (This is to keep the facilities less crowded for those who do have unlimited access.) my recommendation would be to go to the spa as soon as you can and inquire about passes. The more that the word gets out about the amenities, the quicker the passes will go. I wouldn't want the 3rd person to miss out. As soon as we were finished with lunch on lido, we went to our cabin, changed into our suits and were in the thalassotherapy pool! I didn't want to waste any time! ;)

I should also note that the passes (both daily and weekly) are available to the whole ship, not just the 3-4 persons in a spa stateroom, so when I say they are limited, they are LIMITED. (This is to keep the facilities less crowded for those who do have unlimited access.) my recommendation would be to go to the spa as soon as you can and inquire about passes. The more that the word gets out about the amenities, the quicker the passes will go. I wouldn't want the 3rd person to miss out. As soon as we were finished with lunch on lido, we went to our cabin, changed into our suits and were in the thalassotherapy pool! I didn't want to waste any time! ;)

I intend to go to the spa immediately after lunch to get my weekly pass. I think I read a review from others that said they didn't feel comfortable using the spa amenities the first day because of the constant tours coming through. Did you have any issues with that?

I intend to go to the spa immediately after lunch to get my weekly pass. I think I read a review from others that said they didn't feel comfortable using the spa amenities the first day because of the constant tours coming through. Did you have any issues with that?

You know, I guess I'm just a little less concerned about it... Yes, they were doing tours, but it wasn't like it was distracting to me. Everyone is encouraged to be quiet when using the thermo suites to keep it relaxing-enjoyable for all guests, so they were basically coming in, hearing a soft-voiced explanation of the particular room and then they would file out. I didn't let it bother me. I guess you could feel like a zoo exhibit, but I was too busy thinking- I'm in the spa! :)