Boarding Carnival Legend after drydock

I'm wondering when to arrive to the Tampa port to board Carnival Legend!

I have been on 4 previous cruises with Carnival, so I am aware of the process. Why I ask is because I embark February 16th, 2014... the first departure after drydock! Usually you have to wait for the others to debark and everything to be cleaned, so I am assuming you can board earlier than normal since the ship will be empty.

I also purchased (for the first time) the "Faster to the Fun" excursion so I will have priority check-in. I know how fast the lido deck fills up when everyone first boards and are waiting to get into their rooms and waiting for luggage so I want to check out the new 2.0 upgrades asap!

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

The ship won't be empty when it arrives in Tampa, it will have to offload contractors first.

Though, saying that, usually DH has to be out of his cabin and off the ship at about 6am, so it will probably empty out earlier than usual if it was carrying 'normal' passengers.

I hope both of you that said you were sailing will come back and let us know about the changes and share pics of the ship. We sail on Legend in April and can't wait!

Yes, we will also be sailing in April and would love to see some pics and reviews on the changes!

Hopefully, unlike most drydocks, they will get everything done on time and not have to have contractors putting the finishing touches on the 1st cruise out. (why I'd never book the last cruise before a drydock, since they start tearing things up early, for a head start. And the first cruise AFTER a drydock, where they rarely finish everything on time.)

Best of luck to you guys.

Can't wait to see a pictorial review of my favorite Carnival ship, hopefully, improved.

Bill