Grandeur Just Came Back

Yes D1 with a mini fridge. Took the water and soda out and replaced with my Beer. Yes, shampoo in the shower.

DB: Did you ask your cabin steward to remove the items or just set them aside?

Thanks for the information. Were the 7th deck rooms fairly quiet? No noise from between floors or rooms?

To DB,

You were 2 cabins down from me....we had Denise and Jeff between us. I don't remember seeing you. Did you really have cold water in your cabin? Mine was always warm to hot. My thermostat didn't seem to work either. Always cold air blowing out hard.....sometimes too cold.

Hi neighbors: DBSailor & MikeKool, I was just down the hall from you on deck 7 (balcony room). Found the location very pleasant & our steward, John, was excellent. Had friends with a cabin on 7 who also liked the location. Only had a problem with air conditioning for a short time one afternoon.

Did anyone else have a problem with excusions & the lack of notification when changes were made? Our excursion in Cozumel started 2 hours earlier than on our tickets (since the ship arrived earlier than planned due to Key West being closed) but we did not get the notification letter. We only arrived at the excursion meeting location on-time because we found out about it from another couple on our excursion.

Our excrusion in Cape Canaveral was cancelled because Merritt Island was closed by the government for security reasons (since the shuttle still hadn't launched). Cancellation letter was sent out at 3 pm on day before. Tour desk was only scheduled to be open from 7-8:30 pm that evening for rebooking. We had late seating, so that was the time for our pre-dinner show & start of dinner.

Spoke with the individual in charge of the Excursion Area related to both situations & I did not like his attitude. For the Cozumel change he felt that since we ended up making our excursion there was no problem & for the Cape Canaveral tour he said there would be time between the show & dinner (Yes, there was a long line - believe he indicated that 44 letters had been sent out re the cancellation). Excursion area needs to be more accommodating, such as opening extra hours in these situations or at least having a phone number where someone can be reached related to what tours are still available. :(

Found the food was OK - no complaints. Our waiter & assistant waiter were very attentive and had delightful personalities:D.

Looking foward to next cruise - which was booked while on-board. Found the woman responsible for future cruise bookings to very helpful & delightful.

I just read the other reviews of 7/8 sailing and it seems like we were on different ships. The water in our rooms was never a problem got cold when we needed and hot when we needed. I did not see any dishes laying around for periods of time. Their were alot of teenagers 18 and above that were drinking but did not see anyone causing a problem.

Archived