Luggage Valet?

Dame Delilah

Many cruise lines have a "luggage valet" service where you your luggage is picked up the night before disembarkation and you do not see it again until you arrive at your home airport. Does Cunard have this service?

We have arranged the Cunard transfer from the ship to JFK airport.

Many cruise lines have a "luggage valet" service where you your luggage is picked up the night before disembarkation and you do not see it again until you arrive at your home airport. Does Cunard have this service?

We have arranged the Cunard transfer from the ship to JFK airport.

No, they do have White Star Luggage Service which will take your bags from the baggage hall (after Customs) to your home or from your home to the ship and they will be in your cabin when you arrive. Other than that you handle your own bags.

Edited by capnpugwash

I enjoyed the "valet" service on other cruise lines, and wish very much that Cunard would have it.

The present "White Star" system does not work for me. I do know that others find it really good, but I cannot cope with the restrictions.

a/ Listing every item in the case

b/ Not packing items such as liquid makeup, hair spray

c/ Cost is high compared to valet service on other lines

d/ Filling out all the paper work in my cabin on disembarkation

e/ Having to find the luggage in the terminal hall, then take it to DHL drop off

Of course all this is more difficult travelling solo and being a rather elderly senior.

At present I have the driver of the limo handle the luggage at my home, Airport staff / Hotel staff in NY, porters at ship. and the reverse at the end of the trip.

There have been problems at the airport security, even though I follow the rules, I have found TSA staff who "confiscate" expensive make up items which I am sure find their way into the staff pockets not the "confiscated " bin.

I questioned Cunard if their White Star service would be available from Malaga (on the 27th of April) to Southampton (on May 9th).

There simply isn't enough time. So, we are slugging and lugging our bags between the two ships.

White Star luggage service requires adequate time for pick-up, transfer, and delivery. This, evidently, varies with locations and resources available to Cunard.

Will you arrive in Southampton from Italy by ship?

Oops! I thought you meant getting onto the QM2. You are think ahead to when you will disembark.

At that point, we are heading for car rental in Brooklyn. We typically leave our car at the dock. We have no experience with airports and bag transfers.

I'll bow out of this discussion….