Epic Review 1/4/14

Cruzface

Thanks. Sorry we missed the meet and greet. Completely blew it.

yes you did!! a whole year in the making.... shame on you!....I just knew you were somewhere with a few drinks in hand!!:D we were suppose to take some shots! I had the Shot song cued up and ready!:) :p it happens....a lot :) ...

your pictures are fantastic. I just love st. johns!!

agreed. epic's night life was dead that week. my week in December it was CRAZY, bliss would be packed every night going til 3am or later. All the parties were hopping.

but our week, not so much. it still was a great time. i was able to get some rest and that never happens on the Epic. Just shows how much the atmosphere can change from week to week.

looks like you were getting it in as well. I'm glad you and your family had a good cruise.

thanks for posting your review.

Edited by tiffygirl

Was that you guys at the bar in Posh? I knew it. Glad you had a good time.

Yup! That was us. We had a great time and thanks to you for all the Posh information. Being able to spend time there made our trip! We didn't get there until after the meet and greet - not sure why we didn't think of it for sail-a-way. Looks like it would have been fun.

Anyway, great meeting you guys and loving your pictures!

Jai

yes you did!! a whole year in the making.... shame on you!....I just knew you were somewhere with a few drinks in hand!!:D we were suppose to take some shots! I had the Shot song cued up and ready!:) :p it happens....a lot :) ...

your pictures are fantastic. I just love st. johns!!

agreed. epic's night life was dead that week. my week in December it was CRAZY, bliss would be packed every night going til 3am or later. All the parties were hopping.

but our week, not so much. it still was a great time. i was able to get some rest and that never happens on the Epic. Just shows how much the atmosphere can change from week to week.

looks like you were getting it in as well. I'm glad you and your family had a good cruise.

thanks for posting your review.

Haha. Actually, we were lounging in posh and I fell asleep. When I woke up, it was 12:30 and I looked at my wife and she was asleep too. I guess we had too much fun Saturday night...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yup! That was us. We had a great time and thanks to you for all the Posh information. Being able to spend time there made our trip! We didn't get there until after the meet and greet - not sure why we didn't think of it for sail-a-way. Looks like it would have been fun.

Anyway, great meeting you guys and loving your pictures!

Jai

Haha. I really wanted to post my picture of Jacque? (Renee?) in his speedo...

awesome review. Rookie eaters! Posh looked awesome but one thing was missing.....ME! So glad you had such a good time. We definitely want to go to trunk bay again - haven't been since our honeymoon when we walked with dinosaurs. I can't wait to go.

We would have had even more fun if you guys were there. We would have owned Posh!!! By the way, love your timelines...can't wait to post mine when we book.

I read somewhere that it can be iffy to get yourself to and from st john without an excursion because of the crowds and having to wait for ferry's etc.

it look s beautiful and would love to go. we are on the royal the 1st of Feb and there are 4 other ships in st thomas when we are there.

Will it be too crowded or is it worth it to go. TIA Loved your review. We follow up our Royal cruise with a second cruise on the Epic. it will be our 2nd epic cruise.

Oh yeah, I just remembered one major complaint I have been seeing about Epic; the ship is rocky. Well, I have to agree! So I did some investigation and discovered that this ship is floating on the ocean. Huh. And there are waves on that ocean. Huh. There you have it. Waves make a boat rock....

Weird, my only complaint on my first Epic cruise (April 2012) was that i didnt feel any motion. I like to be rocked to sleep:p Maybe the time of year makes a difference.

I heard the same things. We chanced it last year and it was fine. Make sure you are on the first ferry to St. John which is 9:00 am. So you need to be off the ship and in a taxi by 8:30 the latest. When you get off, tell the people waiting to take you that you have to get to Red Hook for the ferry or you will go outside the port and grab a cab. They will do it. Once hou get to Trunk Bay, you should only stay until 2:00 or so to guve yourself enough time to get back to the ship.

I agree you have to get the 9am ferry to and the 2pm back. To anyone who likes to snorkel at Trunk here's a tip...go all the way to the left side of the beach, I have found that this is the best snorkeling on the whole beach. The closer to the trail/guard station the less you will see anything while snorkeling.

Now, getting to Trunk Bay is an adventure in itself. You need a taxi to the ferry ($10 pp?!!! Seriously?), ferry to St. John ($7 each way pp), Taxi to Trunk Bay ($6 pp), admission to the beach, which is a national park ($4 pp). Taxi back to Ferry ($6 pp) and taxi back to ship ($10 pp). So it's $50 pp for the day. SOOOOOO Worth it.

EpicCruise2014636_zpse51045b7.jpg

EpicCruise2014638_zpse90a9354.jpg

EpicCruise2014640_zps6e2c8506.jpg

Epiccruise2014596_zpse081e225.jpg

How long does it take from ship to the beach at trunk bay?

Awesome review!! Your pictures of Trunk Bay were fantastic! We were on the Epic last January and your review made me excited to sail again next January! Want to sail once more before the ship heads to Europe full time.

Glad you and your family (and sock monkey) had such a great second cruise on the Epic!

Awesome review!! Your pictures of Trunk Bay were fantastic! We were on the Epic last January and your review made me excited to sail again next January! Want to sail once more before the ship heads to Europe full time.

Glad you and your family (and sock monkey) had such a great second cruise on the Epic!

Thanks. Enjoy your honeymoon cruise!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...