where will getaway dock in st thomas

bostonfred

I would bet on Havensight. Transportation was readily available at the docks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's my assumption too, particularly given that Getaway is essentially replacing Epic's eastern itinerary and, therefore, docking slot.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

wondering where ncl will dock getaway...was going to go to shaphire beach until dive shop closed..now thinking of secret harbor but wondering if we can get there from ship...THANKS!!:D:D

Getaway will dock at Havensight. Was on one of the port websites.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

wondering where ncl will dock getaway...was going to go to shaphire beach until dive shop closed..now thinking of secret harbor but wondering if we can get there from ship...THANKS!!:D:D

Keep in mind that the entire island of St. Thomas is only 8 miles long by 4 miles wide. You can get ANYWHERE from the ship. (Of course, you wouldn't want to walk across the mountains in the middle of the island. Maybe.)

Keep in mind that the entire island of St. Thomas is only 8 miles long by 4 miles wide. You can get ANYWHERE from the ship. (Of course, you wouldn't want to walk across the mountains in the middle of the island. Maybe.)

Well, you can, unless you're docked at Crown Bay, on a day when six total ships are in port (over 22,000 passengers), and your taxi/vehicle is trying to get to the other side of town...in that case, you're not getting anywhere fast - found that out the hard way. :rolleyes:

Well, you can, unless you're docked at Crown Bay, on a day when six total ships are in port (over 22,000 passengers), and your taxi/vehicle is trying to get to the other side of town...in that case, you're not getting anywhere fast - found that out the hard way. :rolleyes:

Haha! No kidding.

Getaway will dock at Havensight. Was on one of the port websites.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

OK, I just saw today on a website selling the cruise (vacation packages from a major airline) that it's Charlotte Amalie!:eek:

Maybe one of us should call NCL?

OK, I just saw today on a website selling the cruise (vacation packages from a major airline) that it's Charlotte Amalie!:eek:

Maybe one of us should call NCL?

Charlotte Amalie is the name of the town. The port just on the outskirts of town where the ship will dock, according to St. Thomas' cruise ship schedule, is The West Indian Company (WICO), Havensight.

The Norwegian Getaway will usually be in St Thomas with six other ships according to one of the itinerary sites I view. When is your cruise? The Passenger Port Load from now for the Getaway's next nine port calls on St Thomas are:

:):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

we just came back off the NCL sun and had to tender in St Thomas, NCL is giving preference to the larger ships. Would have preferred to just walk on and off of the ship, but looks like this is a sign of things to come for there smaller ships :mad: . I would assume the Getaway would dock at havensight

The cruise I'll be on in June 2014 the website VInow (CC won't let me add the link :() shows us docking on June 18 at The West Indian Company dock (Havensight) The only other ships on that site's itinerary that are in port that day are Disney Fantasy and Freedom Of The Seas.

Edited by miataman19