dont read this

Just wanted to say thank you for all the information on this site.

I think I too have turned into a lerker ! I read the comments most days as we have a Cruise on the Dream coming up soon, but its ages since I have answered any questions or written any reviews. I do find it a very friendly forum. I tend to 'dip' in an out of several of the CC forums as we are interested in trying Cruises with different companies. This time last year I spent a lot of time reading comments on the P&O forum as we were cruising with P&O. Perhaps this is why people disappear for a while !Feeling a bit worried about our forthcoming cruise on the Dream as people seem very unhappy with the food on board. Will write a review when we get back. Our very first Cruise was with Thomsons many many years ago. It was great fun but I was very sea-sick on the Emerald !

hello ajb1970...I am so grateful for your post...thanks you for this....your post very articulately spells out some of the weaker features of cc

cc actually scores very highly on google for (most cruise queries) and i am sure many many googlers are directed straight to these boards looking for anwers to all those little (but not insignificant) questions that pop into your head whenyou are cruise planning....this is exactly how i arrived at this site in the first place

but...then, when you arrive at this site...yes there are reams and reams of information to read thru while looking for that elusive answer

yes we chatter, we go off topic, sometimes we dont know the answer so we speculate, some times we contradict each other, and yes some questions get lost in the flow and remain unanswered (many of us on here do try to not let that happen)...some nights it can be a mammoth task to read thru all that....but we learn new things on the way and other interesting snippets catch our attention and we lose focus....it flows a bit like life really (well ok maybe just my life then :o :) )

i believe there could be a large audience of lurkers/readers on these boards...and i personally am grateful that you are there....its fulfilling for me (and i am sure for others on here) to know that there is an audience making a note of our hints/tips/advice/arguments/honest reviews etc and then taking that info away and using it to make your cruises more enjoyable/special for you....this is really why we do it....so from us on here, thank you guys (lurkers/readers) for being there, for reading and above all for having a great cruise as a result.....we all love cruising and we want to share that with others

on the roll calls, yes i agree with you the thomsons roll calls on here are pretty quiet thomson dont hold any kind of onboard meet n greet temselves either, I agree the roll calls could be better used (actually I am surprised that they are not better used myself?) roll calls are an ideal place for people to gather together to share a tour/a drink once onboard and maybe save a bit of money

so, I will make an appeal to anyone reading/lurking...if you are interested/considering getting together on a roll call (to save a bit of cash on a trip or just to meet others) you dont need to post any identifying info (if you dont want to) its safe to do so, you dont need to post any cabin numbers/names/what you look like etc just your ship and dates, you dont even need to commit yourself to joining a tour/having a drink etc just commit to meet up someplace at sometime to have a chat about it and even then if you change your mind on the day...no one will mind...you dont need to commit to booking something up that cannot be changed (unless you want to)...I reckon people who just read about the meet on the roll call (and didn’t comment) may well turn up too....give it a try

also remember thomsons is a small line so there may well be a smaller audience but a thomson ship is a happy ship, a happy community soon develops and you will soon find yourself meeting like minded others onboard very quickly:cool:

StPiran.

I hope you don't think that you are being ignored if you don't get a reply.

I only reply if I have something useful to say, IE, I haven't said anything on the El Hierro thread because I know nothing about El Hierro. There are also times when I think that the question has been answered and I can add nothing to it, so I don't chip in.

Thanks for setting this off Geo, hopefully it will encourage some who normally would only read to be active and post reviews and opinions.

For cam's gran and Tizzy.

I am slightly concerned to read your posts and find that you are referring to yourselves as "lerkers". Having never seen that spelling, I looked up the word and find the following:

Lerker: A stationary creeper. Always there but doesn't follow. An overweight and/or ugly woman hanging out at the night club after the majority crowd has left, and scoops up the remaining available men that wouldn't touch her otherwise.:eek:

Lurker: A lurker is someone that follows the forum but doesn’t post.

Please tell me you are both lurkers.:D:)

I think if you look at the "views" column against each post as opposed to the "replies" column it shows there are still lots of people browsing on here who don't post as they probably have nothing to add on a particular subject.

Malc.

yes...it looks like there is a good audience here that regularly reads the boards....its good to know that you are there guys...its good to know that all that work we have put in is worthwhile (yes all that research we have had to do while sitting in the sunshine sipping a cocktail...enjoying the restaurants and the entertainment.....its hard work...but someone has to do it) :)

yes...it can sometimes look as if some questions are being ignored.....I assure you no one is being ignored....sometimes members just dont know the answer or are unsure also.....I often dont comment on some threads either...I tend to stick to the subjects i can have a reasonably accurate stab at

It's been great having a lively thread and so many posts. I'm sure you're right about people reading but not posting and it is a quiet time of year too with only two ships sailing. It's really encouraging to know there's still a place for us here and an audience.

I sometimes lurk (hope that's the right one!!:D) on a TV forum - not that I'm a member or ever want to join (you wouldn't believe the vile comments and personal attacks sometimes - makes you wonder about some people). In my defence :rolleyes: it's often for the likes of Homeland where I have to read the member comments after each episode to understand what's going off half the time (mumbling/complicated plots/unfathomable dialogue) :eek::D Now, on one of the forums they often do a '5 Thoughts on...' (tonight's show - perhaps Strictly for example.) They are often very interesting and insightful (where did that word come from???? :rolleyes:).

Given the response to geo's thread, when things are very quiet on here, would it be an idea for those creative minds out there to occasionally start a new thread to stimulate debate? Perhaps 5 thoughts on.... ports, itineraries, entertainment, best tours, Thomson in general - anything in fact which is remotely relevant to our cruise experiences. I always remember that fantastic thread Jan started something like '5 tips for first time cruisers' which was brilliant and generated so many good ideas.

Now I'm not at all creative but if anyone has any good ideas about a thread or two which could be started from time to time it may keep us going when things are quiet. Any takers? Any ideas?

Edited by kruzseeka

fabulous idea kruzsee:cool:

5 best thomsons tours....pick an itinerary....colourful coasts (for this time of year) or latin gems or maybe separate threads for each ship (make searchin a bit easier)

state your favourite top tours (shorex or independent) and state why you liked it/what you did/was it value for money etc

this would be a fabulous resource for those currently planning what do on their cruise

go on kruz post it....I'll be in there...if I can actually reduce all my favourites down to 5

Given the response to geo's thread, when things are very quiet on here, would it be an idea for those creative minds out there to occasionally start a new thread to stimulate debate? Perhaps

----------------------------------------------------------

err Kruzee have just put something on which may be siily , but made me think ... a bit... then a lot

then think shall I have a sundowner ?:rolleyes:

no way says BH those stairs and other 10.0000 things need sorting afore you can have a sundowner .......... oh well:D

Stevie:)

fabulous idea kruzsee:cool:

5 best thomsons tours....pick an itinerary....colourful coasts (for this time of year) or latin gems or maybe separate threads for each ship (make searchin a bit easier)

state your favourite top tours (shorex or independent) and state why you liked it/what you did/was it value for money etc

this would be a fabulous resource for those currently planning what do on their cruise

go on kruz post it....I'll be in there...if I can actually reduce all my favourites down to 5

Have started one off...

Edited by Julessmiles

Just catching up on all of this! Been busy hasn't it!!!

It's a shame that the forum isn't as busy as it used to be, but I agree that it is probably down to it being the winter months, the rise of FB, and also probably the fact that many of us have been a little disappointed by Thomson recently, and maybe our enthusiasm for the line has diminished slightly.

Lurked on this forum for many years till I decided to join two years ago, and I'm very glad that I did. I've gained a lot of very good information on here, plus chatted to many friendly, knowledgable people, the best reason to be part of this forum! :D

I for one will continue to post! ;)

Three cheers to the friendliest forum on CC!!! :D :D (no offence to the others ;))

Hello ! .....sorry Geo, I'm here , a bit late though ! Sorry I've been a bit hit and miss recently !

I'm afraid I tend to look on fb and join in on there and have mostly forgotten about good faithful old CC .

I will start to look on here again much more, all the posts on this thread show what a lovely bunch of people hang out here ;-)

Hello skioncruises !

I hadn't realised my spelling error. Yes I am a regular Lurker !

This is what happens when you go on the computer late at night to read the comments. I needed a break from the packing for our Cruise and Stay.

Think we might be on the same cruise as Cam's Gran so there will be two Lurkers missing for a while !

Skioncruises. Lurker or lurker. Ummm hopefully the former! Maybe the latter!! Bad excuse but this is the time I get home from work and rarely check what my predictive text thinks I want to say. Bad habit I know. Still 2 work days then it's Cruise time, smiles time to pack.

I only found this forum when OV2 sailed away in the sunset and we(MJTS)were looking for an alternative/similar type cruise ship as in casual cruising.From my first post was made to feel welcome and gleaned some great tips,advice and info on Thomson cruises and been here ever since.Strangely feel I/we know everyone on here although we`ve only met a few in persons.

Unfortunately for you lot I`m still here and have no intention of going anywhere for the moment anyway.I dont do facebook,I dont do twitter and I`m not a member of any other cruise forum and have no incling..... only CC

Although I`m not posting as regularly(can hear the group sigh of relief) I`m on here nigh on nearly everyday so more of a curtain twitcher for now.The reason for not posting as regularl?I dont know really,probably like Nell because I have nothing constructive to add to some threads.

This is a great forum,frequented by friendly,helpful folk lets keep it that way

ps when did anyone on this this kind forum last write a letter to someone

not e-mail :eek: ?

In december when I wrote my wish list to Santa :p

lovely to see you JTS & mrs JTS...I did that too (wrote to santa)..... I did get a reply (probably from one of the elf's in the office)....by txt!?...it would seem no-one is immune from tech..no...logical..ology?? these days:)