Anybody have a idea what carnival is announcing today.

pj woods

There have been a few threads that have been deleted almost as soon as they were posted saying that the big announcement has to do with big artists performing on select sailings. Artists like Jennifer Hudson, etc. Admission to the concerts would not be free (charge would be $50-$90).

Don't know if there's any truth to that, but I find it interesting that all those threads have gone poof almost immediately.

There have been a few threads that have been deleted almost as soon as they were posted saying that the big announcement has to do with big artists performing on select sailings. Artists like Jennifer Hudson, etc. Admission to the concerts would not be free (charge would be $50-$90).

Don't know if there's any truth to that, but I find it interesting that all those threads have gone poof almost immediately.

Even threads on Monday that were only clearing up confusion as to the date of the announcement were immediately locked. They did not even have any speculation and were in no way offensive.

If that is the case I wonder how soon they would start that.

WOW, I hope that isn't what the announcement is. I can't think of ANY act that I'd pay an additional 50 to 90 to see, and not only that, they'd be taking up the space/time in the theater, so that I couldn't enjoy the "included" entertainment that I like so much. :mad: What a waste!

"SKY"

From reading here, entertainment has to be the no 1 complaint so I wouldn't be surprised! This could really raise revenue IMHO...I know I would check the line-up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

From reading here, entertainment has to be the no 1 complaint so I wouldn't be surprised! This could really raise revenue IMHO...I know I would check the line-up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If they're smart, they'll be announcing that they are doing away with the "Playlist Production" shows, and bringing back the BIG shows, and the 7 to 10 piece bands. THAT would make a lot of us VERY HAPPY!

"SKY"

Hmmm...interesting!!! If it was someone I really am a fan of, I wouldn't mind paying the admission fee. Those prices are pretty standard fare for concerts these days, especially in larger arenas (ex: Barclay's, MSG etc..). To be able to see someone in a smaller venue, such as the main lounge on a Carnival ship, would be great!

This could really raise revenue IMHO...I know I would check the line-up

Yup, this could be a double hit for Carnival. They'll probably charge higher cruise fares on those select sailings, PLUS they will charge admission to the concerts.

I can only think of one or two singers that I would actually pay extra for though.

Edited by Tapi

I also noticed these occurances and thought it very odd...

Even threads on Monday that were only clearing up confusion as to the date of the announcement were immediately locked. They did not even have any speculation and were in no way offensive.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

I thought that was interesting too. Another non-exciting announcement for me it that is what it is. I personally wouldn't pay that amount for a concert onboard a ship.

Yup, this could be a double hit for Carnival. They'll probably charge higher cruise fares on those select sailings, PLUS they will charge admission to the concerts.

I can only think of one or two singers that I would actually pay extra for though.

The OP that originally "leaked" this info said that there would be no upcharges to the cruise fare, but we'll see if this rumor is true or not soon.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

I hope not because I couldn't care less about a seeing a singer or major entertainer. I wouldn't walk across the street to see 99% of "popular entertainers". Never was one to care about that stuff. But I am sure other's are but I hope it's something different.

This would really be LAME news:mad::mad:

I am hoping since they are doing this from NYC, and all of the "beards" are flying up from Miami, maybe they're going to announce the Vista's home port will be NYC:D:D

That would make this girl from CT, one happy camper!!!!

If they're smart, they'll be announcing that they are doing away with the "Playlist Production" shows, and bringing back the BIG shows, and the 7 to 10 piece bands. THAT would make a lot of us VERY HAPPY!

"SKY"

Me, too, PLEASE!

I would pay to see some big name artists, but they simply could not suit everyone's taste. I like the older groups, 50s-60s music and don't even know the names (and don't care) of today's artists. I hope the pay-to-see speculation is off base.

Maybe announcing changes to the Cheers program? Very few lines still have, and RCI is removing, the requirement for all over-21s in the same cabin to purchase, maybe Carnival is seeing the writing on the wall?

Me, too, PLEASE!

I would pay to see some big name artists, but they simply could not suit everyone's taste. I like the older groups, 50s-60s music and don't even know the names (and don't care) of today's artists. I hope the pay-to-see speculation is off base.

If true, I have to think then that you're going to be disappointed. Carnival's target audience does not appear to be anything close to those enjoying 50's & 60's music.

I'd like to see Jon Bon Jovi. Not for me but I'd get to cruise more often. My wife is the stick in the mud with cruising and if old Jon was performing on a ship she'd be all over it like a cheap suit. I'd just tag along. :D

If true, I have to think then that you're going to be disappointed. Carnival's target audience does not appear to be anything close to those enjoying 50's & 60's music.

I'd like to see Jon Bon Jovi. Not for me but I'd get to cruise more often. My wife is the stick in the mud with cruising and if old Jon was performing on a ship she'd be all over it like a cheap suit. I'd just tag along. :D

Heck now that you brought that up I might pay to see him if I could sit up front where I would have a good view. ;):D