Carnival Cruise best rates?

momof2cruiser

I am looking to sale either June/July 2014, preferably sailing anywhere from the east coast. It seems like Carnival doesn't have any truly great deals out there right now, except for $50.00 pp deposits.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the best rates out there? Do rates go down during certain times of the week or certain times of the day? Should I book, then watch the rates??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Seems to me about 30 days out is when they really start trying to fill a given sailing. Farther out than that, seems they are working on those within 30 days.

Closer in than that, and the price can really come down, A LOT.

But...you have to be ready to leave fairly quickly (within 30 days).

Just from my experience of watching prices...no hard and fast evidence.

GP

I just booked a cruise and I'm not happy about what I paid. I'm over 55, a Florida resident and a platinum member. The price I saw on the website was much cheaper than what I paid. The prices quoted for a balcony on the website are those with obstructed views. If you don't want an obstructed view, you pay more. Also NOT quoted in the prices are taxes, fees, and port charges which added up to an extra $234.00 for both of us.

Fortunately, I do have the flexibility with my work schedule to book within the 30 days, however, how close can you book before the actual cruise date these days?

Some people have booked day of.

Fortunately, I do have the flexibility with my work schedule to book within the 30 days, however, how close can you book before the actual cruise date these days?

We sale on the 27th and they are still accepting bookings via the website. However the prices are not as low as when I booked right at 4 weeks out. I would consider the rate we got exceptional. Of course its in the middle of the off season so they are trying to fill the boat. June/July prices are nearly double.

I am glad to know that! I thought "last minute bookings" were a thing of the past due to security. Good to know!

Dont count on last minute booking as cruises can and will sell out weeks before sail date.

And if cruise is selling well price will be going up

I just booked a cruise and I'm not happy about what I paid. I'm over 55, a Florida resident and a platinum member. The price I saw on the website was much cheaper than what I paid. The prices quoted for a balcony on the website are those with obstructed views. If you don't want an obstructed view, you pay more. Also NOT quoted in the prices are taxes, fees, and port charges which added up to an extra $234.00 for both of us.

If you are not happy with the price, don't book. It's that easy. What you described above is standard operating procedure in the cruise industry. However you do know the final price before you actually book the cruise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app