La Quinta Miami Airport North?

SpeedsterX

Anyone stay here recently? How was your experience?

Can't remember of it was NORTH or EAST we stayed at last year but it was great! Close to the airport but planes didn't keep us up. Good continental breakfast and free shuttle to the port! We liked it and would stay again!

Run we stayed there three years ago and it was a night mare. Pool had was green and we thought we had an animal in our closet. Corporate compt us like 4 rooms to get us to go back to them. After that we never stayed at a LaQuinta again. Nothing around there either.

Can't remember of it was NORTH or EAST we stayed at last year but it was great! Close to the airport but planes didn't keep us up. Good continental breakfast and free shuttle to the port! We liked it and would stay again!

Do they have a leave your car program?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Anyone stay here recently? How was your experience?

I did. On my cruise in 2012.

THE GOOD:

The hotel was decent: not superb, but not horrible, either. The beds were clean, the floors were vacuumed, and the bathroom was mold-free. The stay included two shuttles: MIA to hotel, and hotel to ship. There are lots of authentic South American restaurants down the street, which serve great food. The palms and the canals look gorgeous, and you can even see pelicans sitting on trees.

THE BAD:

The breakfast buffet got picked clean very quickly. I arrived there around 8:30 AM, and everything was gone, except juice and some donuts I didn't care for. Luckily, there's a McDonald's next door just for those occasions. The neighborhood is pretty boring. There isn't much to do except putz around 36th Street, which I don't recommend doing at night; the street does have lighting, though.

THE UGLY:

The hotel has outdoor hallways accessible from the street. I wasn't bothered by it (other than flat-out refusing a ground-floor room), but young women or families with little kids might have an issue with this.

The room looked like this:

7329644342_2369fd6717.jpg

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

THE GOOD:

The hotel was decent: not superb, but not horrible, either. The beds were clean, the floors were vacuumed, and the bathroom was mold-free. The stay included two shuttles: MIA to hotel, and hotel to ship. There are lots of authentic South American restaurants down the street, which serve great food. The palms and the canals look gorgeous, and you can even see pelicans sitting on trees.

THE BAD:

The breakfast buffet got picked clean very quickly. I arrived there around 8:30 AM, and everything was gone, except juice and some donuts I didn't care for. Luckily, there's a McDonald's next door just for those occasions. The neighborhood is pretty boring. There isn't much to do except putz around 36th Street, which I don't recommend doing at night; the street does have lighting, though.

THE UGLY:

The hotel has outdoor hallways accessible from the street. I wasn't bothered by it (other than flat-out refusing a ground-floor room), but young women or families with little kids might have an issue with this.

Thank you! Yea, I saw that McDonalds was very close. Still leary though as my SO is very huge on no bugs! And she saw someone complain about them. It was just one review though.

THE GOOD:

THE BAD:

THE UGLY:

This must have been the La Quinta we stayed at last year...The McDonalds was RIGHT next door.

We had exact same experience. Shuttle free from airport...Pretty sure we had to pay for the shuttle to the port.

Breakfast was very busy, very basic...but we knew we would be eating on the ship in a couple of hours and missing a full meal was no big deal.

We WOULD definitely stay there again...It was well worth the price paid...not the 4 seasons, but look how much your paying.

• 3 months later...

Stayed at this hotel and would never stay again. It was a dump. Bugs dirty rugs and morning breakfast was a joke. The pool also wasn't clean.

It's surprising since I stay at

La Quinta all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk