Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Vision is currently doing the final RCI Panama sailings from Colon and while she re-positions first to P.E. she then heads for winter to Tampa.

No news, but was stated in press at one time that she would 'home-port' year round from Tampa.

RC will NOT have any ships sailing out of Panama for the next few years. Panama was NOT happy when they were notified that RC was pulling out of Colon! Easy port for us! :(

Quantum would fit in the new locks, but might not fit under the Bridge of the Americas. Same problem that Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class would have with the new canal.

Thanks Bob for the info. You would want to keep the Sky Arm down while going under the bridge, if there is any chance of it fitting in the first place.

The clearance under the main span of The Bridge of the Americas is 61.3 m (201 ft) at high tide. The Centennial Bridge clearance is much higher: 80.0 m (262 ft)

The new lock chambers will be 476.72m (1400 ft.) long, 54.86 m (180 ft.) wide and 18.26 m (60 ft.) deep, with each lock complex measuring more than a mile and a half in length.

RC will NOT have any ships sailing out of Panama for the next few years. Panama was NOT happy when they were notified that RC was pulling out of Colon! Easy port for us! :(

Yes, this is the FINAL season for RCI in Colon. They will leave their Pullmantur ship there and the way they marketed the Colon sailings they were actually competing with each other.

I personally feel they did not handle the Panama embarking cruises very well. This should have been one of their best opportunities for Land/Sail tours and they offered almost nothing.

Now showing again for the 1 June, 12 June and 22 June embarking in Istanbul.

The 3 July cruise actually would leave from Istanbul and disembark in Rome and was posted in error. Thessaloniki is the first port of call, which did seem just a bit far, but

http://sea-distances.com/

says you can do it for arrival at 10 am, if depart Istanbul at 5 pm the day before.

Civitavecchia to Thessaloniki would take 2 full sea days at full speed to reach. They only have 2 sea days on the entire sailing, so it must embark from Istanbul.

Will Royal have any ships going to Istanbul late July Early August?

Will Royal have any ships going to Istanbul late July Early August?

Currently no 'mass-market' cruise lines embarking in Istanbul that time of year, just small ship and up-market lines. Azamara has a 6 August Istanbul, 10 day Black Sea sailing scheduled.

NCL currently has Spirit calling a couple of times during that period.

Edited by MADflyer

Currently no 'mass-market' cruise lines embarking in Istanbul that time of year, just small ship and up-market lines. Azamara has a 6 August Istanbul, 10 day Black Sea sailing scheduled.

NCL currently has Spirit calling a couple of times during that period.

Mmm don't like the look of the Spirt. Looks very dark inside and the pool area looks horrible. I was hoping another cruise line would stop at Istanbul that is family friendly. I have my DS in tow. azamara is too posh for us and too expensive. Maybe Princess will have something that appeals.

I do wish the port of Venice had a port calendar like the port of Rome, helps with the guessing game.:D

Second choice is looking like the Adventure from Southampton heading towards Ibiza etc. RCL seem pretty expensive for next summer as always on their Southampton routes.

Just found this.

Royal Caribbean International's 2015 Canada/New England program offers departures from Baltimore, Boston, Québec City and Bayonne, N.J.'s Cape Liberty.

From Baltimore, Grandeur of the Seas will alternate six-night Bermuda sailings with eight- and nine-night Canada/New England cruises that call at Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine; St. John, New Brunswick, and Halifax, Nova Scotia.

In the autumn, Brilliance of the Seas will offer seven- and nine-night fall foliage cruises from Boston.

And varied fall foliage cruises of 10 to 14 nights will operate on Serenade of the Seas, sailing between Québec City and Bayonne.

Not sure if all of the details have already been shared.

Just found this.

Royal Caribbean International's 2015 Canada/New England program offers departures from Baltimore, Boston, Québec City and Bayonne, N.J.'s Cape Liberty.

From Baltimore, Grandeur of the Seas will alternate six-night Bermuda sailings with eight- and nine-night Canada/New England cruises that call at Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine; St. John, New Brunswick, and Halifax, Nova Scotia.

In the autumn, Brilliance of the Seas will offer seven- and nine-night fall foliage cruises from Boston.

And varied fall foliage cruises of 10 to 14 nights will operate on Serenade of the Seas, sailing between Québec City and Bayonne.

Not sure if all of the details have already been shared.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10674-royal-caribbean-announces-2015-caribbean-summer.html

Allure of the Seas is booked into Rome 08 and 14 May 2015. (not released for sale)

Anthem of the Seas is booked into Rome 13 May 2015.

http://www.port-of-rome.org/en/content/ship-arrivals-and-departures

Correction.

Allure of the Seas is booked into Rome 07 14 and 21 May 2015. (not released for sale)

Anthem of the Seas is booked into Rome 13 May 2015.

http://www.port-of-rome.org/en/conte...and-departures

Vision of the Seas has shown up on the cruise calendar for Civitavecchia (Rome) and appears to arrive at end of April. Did not check the whole season, but does one 7 day following TA and then a series of alternating 12 day cruises. Looks like some good B2B or B2B2B possibilities.

VI Vision of the Seas (Port prior / next port of call)

29 April

AJACCIO (Corsica) / MESSINA

6 May

LA SPEZIA / AMALFI

19 May

LA SPEZIA / PIRAEUS

31 May

LA SPEZIA / SALERNO

12 June / 24 June / 7 July / 18 July / 11 August

LA SPEZIA / SALERNO

30 July / 23 August

LA SPEZIA / PIRAEUS

Legend of the Seas has shown up on the Civitavecchia port calendar for only one call the 13th of May, 2015, which would allow for a 14 day TA from Port Everglades on the 29th of May.

This might be a MED stop prior to heading on a second repositioning cruise to Scandinavia.

As she comes in from a Panama Canal Sailing, this would allow for a sailing from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale to Rome to Copenhagen and then even do a Fjord or Baltic cruise.

13 May (port prior / next port)

CANNES / PALMA DE MAJORCA

Vision of the Seas has shown up on the cruise calendar for Civitavecchia (Rome) and appears to arrive at end of April. Did not check the whole season, but does one 7 day following TA and then a series of alternating 12 day cruises. Looks like some good B2B or B2B2B possibilities.

VI Vision of the Seas (Port prior / next port of call)

29 April

AJACCIO (Corsica) / MESSINA

6 May

LA SPEZIA / AMALFI

19 May

LA SPEZIA / PIRAEUS

31 May

LA SPEZIA / SALERNO

12 June / 24 June / 7 July / 18 July / 11 August

LA SPEZIA / SALERNO

30 July / 23 August

LA SPEZIA / PIRAEUS

She's going to be based out of Barcelona apparently

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

She's going to be based out of Barcelona apparently

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

And you are basing that on what? RCI Director for Spain/France just gave big speech in Barcelona about Royal's commitment to Barcelona. I was not there, so do not know if he mentioned that. He has only confirmed Liberty is leaving and Allure is coming as far as I know.

Barcelona is sure the best Embarkation port in Europe now. I was amazed at how nice Malaga was even, when sailed from there last month.

Interestingly he confirmed that they would use Terminal A and Terminal B for the Allure turn-around sailings. Disembarkation will be from forward and aft with some luggage going aft and other numbers going forward.

Formerly, LEGEND OF THE SEAS appeared in Civitavecchia/Rome every 12th day in the 2015 season, which indicated that she will do the 12 nighters from Barcelona.

But now VISION is appearing every 12thday in Civitavecchia/Rome, so it seems RCI has changed the plans and VISION is going to offer the 12-night-Med cruises from Barcelona, which SERENADE offers in 2014...

Except for 1x May, LEGEND is not showing up anymore in 2015...

Maybe RCI offers the itineraries out of Malaga again - with LIBERTY!! :D :D

Edited by celebrity_fan

Except for 1x May, LEGEND is not showing up anymore in 2015...

Maybe RCI offers the itineraries out of Malaga again - with LIBERTY!! :D :D

Ok. With search down, I could not see that. I just noticed that Vision was news as they had pulled her out of Europe, after many Baltic seasons.

I think Legend or another ship will head to Copenhagen/ Stockholm as those sailings sell well mid-summer on. If they send her to the MED first, she would get to Scandinavia when the season would really take off.

All speculation.

Ok. With search down, I could not see that. I just noticed that Vision was news as they had pulled her out of Europe, after many Baltic seasons.

I think Legend or another ship will head to Copenhagen/ Stockholm as those sailings sell well mid-summer on. If they send her to the MED first, she would get to Scandinavia when the season would really take off.

All speculation.

I thought the Serenade was rumored to do the Copenhagen/Stockholm run?

I prefer your speculation thought since it means Legend/Vision would have to do a Western Europe cruise to get from the Med to Northern Europe.

Western Europe cruises are on my "must do" list.:)