Recent Elation cruisers?

BusyBlond

Hey, you guys. I'm currently booked on the Triumph in August 2014. Just looking at cruise prices during the current sale and I can book Elation for the same week for $500 less. Here are my questions.. Can anyone tell me when the Elation was last drydocked? Any current photos of the pool area or camp carnival. Does it have the water works or anything like that? My step daughter will be 12. Trying to decide if this would be an okay cruise for her or if we should stick with what we have booked already. I've sailed the Elation before, but it was several years ago.

We were on the Elation in August ... we loved it and had a wonderful time, but it doesn't have waterworks.

It also doesn't have the big TV by the pool like the Triumph, or the 2.0 upgrades.

My kids are older so I don't have pics of the children's clubs, but I'll see if I can find some of the pool.

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app

Are the itineraries the same? If so, then it might be worth the switch. I sailed last November with my 12 year old and she loved Circle C on the Elation. It doesn't have any of the upgrades, but the kids loved playing basketball where the Water Works would be - so it is not a terrible trade-off. Although, in November when we sailed the kids probably wouldn't have used the water slides even if they were there, but in August you might want to.

We have also sailed triumph and elation. From a crowd standpoint alone I prefer the elation. Elation was our first cruise and ectacy was our second. Triumph was third. Elation is smaller and has less features at this time but it flows better traffic wise in my opinion. If it was my chooce I would cruise nothing but the fantasy class ships.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Our daughters first cruise was on the Elation when she was 13. We thought it was perfect for her first cruise. She went to the teen club the first night and made some friends she still talks to. There were about 6-8 of them that stayed together almost all the time. We just booked our Nov. cruise and she is very upset that it is adult only this time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the input. I'll have to take these things into consideration. I had my ships confused, I was thinking this was the Ecstacy. I've sailed both Ecstacy & Elation. I really enjoyed both. The Elation was the one that my step-daughter sailed her first cruise on. Now I'm just wondering if she would rather sail on a different ship. Plus the Triumph is only a 4 hour drive for us and the Elation is 8 which means an extra day off work and a hotel stay. Decisions.. Decisions..

Thanks for all the input. I'll have to take these things into consideration. I had my ships confused, I was thinking this was the Ecstacy. I've sailed both Ecstacy & Elation. I really enjoyed both. The Elation was the one that my step-daughter sailed her first cruise on. Now I'm just wondering if she would rather sail on a different ship. Plus the Triumph is only a 4 hour drive for us and the Elation is 8 which means an extra day off work and a hotel stay. Decisions.. Decisions..

We went on the Elation mostly because of the huge price difference from the Triumph, and we made the 9 hour drive to New Orleans from San Antonio. We had a blast driving there because we were excited about the Cruise (all of our first time) ... but the drive home was horrible. Horrible, as in, we will only be leaving from Galveston. It was so depressing. lol

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app