What does 'manifest only' mean?

chrob

We are leaving home on Saturday, (3 weeks before our cruise) to tour Canada & Alaska.

As we have not received our cruise documents, our TA has said our cruise documents will be set as 'manifest only'.

Does anyone know what this means? Will we have problems boarding the ship?

I have e-mailed our TA to ask but she has not bothered to reply.

I'm just guessing, but I suspect that you will not receive documents and will be listed only on the passenger manifest. I have no idea what that will entail when you check in, but I suspect having all your ID is an absolute prerequisite.

Yes, that is basically it.............You will have no documents, but will be listed on the ship's manifest. Best thing to do is go to the cruise personalizer and print out your information and take that with you........You might have to fill out some forms when you reach the counter, but as long as you have your booking number and proper ID you will be ok. I have sailed on numerous occasions with no documents!!

As far as luggage tags you can get them directly from the porters, fill them out and place on your luggage.

A few years ago, after 9/11, I book a cruise. At the last minute, about a week before the ship sailed, my daughter decided to go. We called our TA and paid to add her to our cabin. We were told to pick up our docs at the peir. We got to the peir and got our doc. Guess what our daughter wasn't on documents.

My fear level rose immediately. What was my daughter, who was 28, going to do in Fort Lauderdale for a week while we were on the cruise?

We went to a supervisor and she said, "Follow me." She went to a large notebook and look up our cabin number. There was my daughters name along with ours. I then ask the question, "What would of happened if my daughter wasn't on the manifest?" I was told by the supervisor, "Then she would of not been allowed to board the ship". I told her I had a receipt from my travel agent. She, "So, it would of not mattered."

She went on and told me that the ships maniferst had to go to state department or some other place like that and be approved. If your name wasn't on it you could not leave the USA.

All I can say is that was what I was told.

But ship lines are pretty good about getting it right. They do it every week or so all year long.

Don

We have shown up at the port without documents before and there was no problem whatsoever. When you check your luggage in they will have a list and will put the proper tags for your cabin on each suitcase. Most you will have to do is sign a few places on the cruise contract when you check in.

No worrys, it is not a hassle at all.

Have a great cruise!

Archived