Nassau and Freeport

megann831

We're taking our 2 and 4 year old on a Carnival cruise in April. We're going to Disney when we stop at Port Canaveral. The following day we'll be at Nassau from 11-8 and the next day Freeport from 7-1:30. My husband thinks we should do excursions everyday because it will be easier with the kids, I think it will be easier to get a taxi and go to the beach. What do you suggest? What beaches do you like in the area? I need to get off the boat, but our day in Freeport will be so short, any suggestions for then. If we looked into a bike excursion do they offer child seats? This is our 1st cruise with kids, we used to love those bike, hike, swim excursions, but we'll be much limited this time.

Your kids are really young, i wouldnt splurge on the excursions. When you get off at Nassau, walk towards the right )you will see mcdonalds) just ask someone, there will be tons of people standing around.

Don't let yourself get talked into a tour or a taxi right as you get off the boat, now isnt the time to be polite, just say no thanks and for goodness sake, keep moving. Get to the mcdonalds (free wifi) then keep heading right (you will stay close to the shore) after mcdonalds is a straw market- you are going to get hassled, just say no thanks and look if you want something keep moving if you dont. If you are going to get a bahama bag, this is the place to do it IMO. Keep heading right you will get to junkanoo beach- it's free, it's a nice enough beach, it might get crowded towards lunch time, if so head back into town for some shopping/window shopping. Lots of beautiful buildings to take pictures of.

There is nothing in Freeport that doesnt require an expensive taxi. Get off the boat, check out the market right there in the parking lot, then get back on the boat and enjoy a nice peaceful nap and lunch.

If your kids were bigger I would say, pay the money to go to Paradise Cove- awesome snorkeling!

If you tend to be up and about early it may be worth it to go to the beach in Freeport. The beaches are really pretty there. If you are slow starters I would just hang around port as the previous poster said.

You may want to try Taino Beach. It is $14 RT per person in the shared taxi vans. There is a beach club there called Junkanoo Beach club. You can google it. This is different than Junkanoo Beach in Nassau. They rent chairs for $5 each and there are some beach toys included. Or you could walk over to the free part of the beach. That is what we did and we ended up at Tony Macaroni's. The link above has some pictures. It is all very close. Across from Tony's is a nice park with a playground :D and bathrooms.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.p"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1913723&highlight=tony[/url]hp?t=1913723&highlight=tony[/url]

Edited by mawvkysc
hyperlink didn't work

My 5 year old at the time loved our trip to blue lagoon in Nassau, they have a beach day thing you can do. Not sure your cruise line, but some of them still use blue lagoon as the tour operator. I personally would not take my 2 and 4 year old walking around Nassau, but that's just me.

In Freeport he stayed on huge ship as we did and excursion to at he could not go on.

Your kids are really young, i wouldnt splurge on the excursions. When you get off at Nassau, walk towards the right )you will see mcdonalds) just ask someone, there will be tons of people standing around.

Don't let yourself get talked into a tour or a taxi right as you get off the boat, now isnt the time to be polite, just say no thanks and for goodness sake, keep moving. Get to the mcdonalds (free wifi) then keep heading right (you will stay close to the shore) after mcdonalds is a straw market- you are going to get hassled, just say no thanks and look if you want something keep moving if you dont. If you are going to get a bahama bag, this is the place to do it IMO. Keep heading right you will get to junkanoo beach- it's free, it's a nice enough beach, it might get crowded towards lunch time, if so head back into town for some shopping/window shopping. Lots of beautiful buildings to take pictures of.

There is nothing in Freeport that doesnt require an expensive taxi. Get off the boat, check out the market right there in the parking lot, then get back on the boat and enjoy a nice peaceful nap and lunch.

If your kids were bigger I would say, pay the money to go to Paradise Cove- awesome snorkeling!

What is a Bahama bag?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app