Camara Magic

SEPyle

I have to say, 'playing' with my 800+ pics taken on our 5/20/05 Summit cruise to Alaska has been so much fun and the results have sometimes been dramatic!

A photography section on CruiseCritic would be such a great addition. Anyone else agree?

In the meantime, I would love to share some my new found tricks that literally bring out what is aready there in the picture. Anyone else interested? In the past I have used Adobe Photoshop 5.0, but last year discovered Adobe Elements. I took a class on our Century cruise last year and came home and bought the program. A friend gave me a book for Christmas that I really didn't open till after our Alaska cruise. Here's an example of what I've discovered:

Levels: Actually this function is available in both Photoshop and Elements. The idea is not to change the picture making colors brighter or more vivid than they should be, but to take out any 'cast' that may be in the picture. If anyone is interested I will be happy to go into more detail of how to do levels, which is really easy! Actually 3 clicks and when the picture comes to life my jaw has actually dropped several times!

It's time to get ready for work, but if there's interest, I would love to chat with others who love to 'play' with pictures!

Sharon

Archived