Rhapsody New cabins

lynsteve

Close to booking a cruise on the Rhapsody, since our last cruise on her there have been lots of changes and a refurb in 2012. Part of this refurb were new cabins on deck 7, numbers 7084/86 and opposite side 7584/86 replacing the card room, from what I can see these cabins doors are out of the normal corridor and are opposite the sides of the lifts, concerned about noise, any ideas/knowledge

Stevo

Close to booking a cruise on the Rhapsody, since our last cruise on her there have been lots of changes and a refurb in 2012. Part of this refurb were new cabins on deck 7, numbers 7084/86 and opposite side 7584/86 replacing the card room, from what I can see these cabins doors are out of the normal corridor and are opposite the sides of the lifts, concerned about noise, any ideas/knowledge

Stevo

They added a wall between the centrum and those staterooms. Never stayed in one, so I can't speak to the noise, but I imagine there's a higher volume level when they are holding the Centrum aerial shows.

Stevo....Was on Rhapsody in Dec, deck 8.

Correct, there are walls there now.

However... When the aerial shows / rehearsals are on the main walkways are blocked, so these then become the alternate. It did not seem to pose to much of a problem.

There are doors as well. I noticed them closed a few times while the non-aerial shows were on. I do not know if this was due to noise, or other. Our cabin door seemed very effective at noise isolation though so would think that these are as well.

I just got off the rhapsody in 7084. There is a thick wall between the rooms and the centrum and a door they shut at bed times. We could faintly hear the noise but it didn't disturb us at all. The room was great and the windows gave a great view. There is a ledge where you could sit to look out the window (in fact our 11 year old made her bed up there and laid watching the view one day!) lol

I'm sure you will enjoy the room.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I just got off the rhapsody in 7084. There is a thick wall between the rooms and the centrum and a door they shut at bed times. We could faintly hear the noise but it didn't disturb us at all. The room was great and the windows gave a great view. There is a ledge where you could sit to look out the window (in fact our 11 year old made her bed up there and laid watching the view one day!) lol

I'm sure you will enjoy the room.

Hi great news that you enjoyed that cabin which we have now booked. Can you tell me if the bed or sofa is near the window? Also does the shower have glass screen or shower curtain. Thanks for your help.

7084 had the sofa bed near the window. My sister was in 7082 and their layout was reversed - meaning the sofa was nearer the door so when it was pulled out there was minimal space to get to the toilet or out the door. Ours was heaps better as the pulled out sofa didn't interfere with anything except opening and closing the blinds.