Room upgrade after final payment

Heartfruit

I recently noticed that due to price drops, OV rooms are now less then what we paid for an inside room. I was wondering if there is any point in phoning Carnival and asking about upgrading to an OV. Is this something that they are likely to agree to?

They cut that upgrade policy sometime in the last two years when they introduced the "old-new" pricing structure. In order to upgrade to a higher cabin, an exchange of money has to take place.

However, It wouldn't hurt to call and try because every CSR seems to do things differently though. I've been able to pull off things that they shouldn't have allowed just because I got the right person on the phone.

I recently noticed that due to price drops, OV rooms are now less then what we paid for an inside room. I was wondering if there is any point in phoning Carnival and asking about upgrading to an OV. Is this something that they are likely to agree to?

I would definitely give it a try. I was past final payment too. I had a regular balcony and when an aft balcony opened up, it was $120 more. However, since my category balconies were selling at $40 less than what I paid, I only had to pay $80 to upgrade to the Aft.

Therefore, it stands to reason you'd be able to move to a better cabin if it is less expensive than what you paid. I'd go for it, especially if you have your eye on a particular cabin. Just make sure it is in a good location. If someone tells you "no," then I'd get either a supervisor or call again for a second opinion. Good luck.