adult only pool

megann831

we're cruising on the Pride, I believe they have one of those adult only areas. I have a horrible time getting my son to nap and we usually resort to sleeping in the car, so I'm planning on having him doing most of his napping in the stroller, another option that usually works well. I was thinking it might be more enjoyable for who ever is on baby duty, or both of us if our daughter is at camp, if we can stroll him into the adult swim area rather than hanging out in the room or on the balcony. Do you think it's an issue to have a sleeping 2 year old in a stroller in the adult pool area? When we wakes up we would leave.

I wouldn't personally care if you left if the child became unruley.

I've noticed that theres usually more kids than adults in that pool anyway, carnival doesn't seem to be very strict on that rule, especially when the main pool is shoulder to shoulder crowded.

Not to sound negative, but if I were enjoying the adult only area I would not appreciate someone bringing in a child...sleeping or not. That area is called "Serenity", not "have a crying baby wake up area". There are plenty of areas on the ship that are for everyone, in my opinion people should respect the areas that are for adults only...just like I respect the areas that are for kids only.

...Douglas

Sent from my iPad

I love kids, however, when I go to the Serenity or any "adults only area" it is for that purpose. To be away from them. If you bring yours, even to sleep, it encourages others to do so. i wish you a lovely vacation, but please do not bring them to Serenity.

I'm not familiar with this ship, but frequently Serenity is one area and the adults only pool is in another. No one under 18 is allowed in Serenity. Kids are frequently in the adults only pool AREA as that is where the pizza place is. It is only against rules to bring the child INTO the pool.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by 2 cruzen

If you bring yours, even to sleep, it encourages others to do so.

This. It isn't about you, as you seem very conscientious but about all the other folks. They'll see you there and figure they can bring their not-quite-so-silently-sleeping kids in since you did. Gets a bit difficult for the staff to say why you could be there but they can't, since nearly every parent thinks their children are little angles. :)

I personally wouldn't mind a bit about a sleeping baby but the only thing is if you do it and then someone brings a 2 year old that parent will say "But why do I have to leave because there is ANOTHER baby over there and they aren't supposed to be there" kinda thing. That would be my only reason to think that it might not be a good idea. You know you give an inch and some try to take a mile. Best of luck I hope it all works out for you.

As said before the Adult pool areas on carnival are not usually the "Adults only serenity" area.

Kids may be happy with you in the adult pool area but would you be?

They are not supposed to use the pool & hot tubs but do and most other adults dont care either way.

It can be quite loud in the adult pool area at times and most will be consuming alcohol so not a great place for a sleeping 2 year old.

One thing people must realize, it is an adult pool area so just because they bring their kids it doesn't mean adults have to respect the fact children are there, it means the parents of the children need to respect the fact that it is an adult pool area:)

An example on my splendor cruise parents had their children in the hot tubs all the time, once I got in the a less crowded tub and joined a woman with 2 children, I was glared at by the parent as if I was a pervert and they quickly got out:confused:

I did not get back in a hot tub again the entire cruise:(

An example on my splendor cruise parents had their children in the hot tubs all the time, once I got in the a less crowded tub and joined a woman with 2 children, I was glared at by the parent as if I was a pervert and they quickly got out:confused:

I did not get back in a hot tub again the entire cruise:(

That's strange...we were on Splendor last week and there were almost always kids and adults in the hot tubs. The signs did not restrict it.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's strange...we were on Splendor last week and there were almost always kids and adults in the hot tubs. The signs did not restrict it.

Must have changed? when I cruised the rear pool and the hot tubs at the rear were adult only.

Must have changed? when I cruised the rear pool and the hot tubs at the rear were adult only.

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know you were talking about the aft pool/hot tubs. I meant the mid-ship indoor ones.

The adult pool, hot tub, and Serenity deck are all in the same area on the Pride. I've been on the Pride twice and have never seen children on the deck and most certainly not in the pool. There are two other pools for all ages on the Pride. I think the rules for Serenity deck should've followed-no kids whether they are asleep or not.

I agree with the others if it is truly an adults only area then you should not take a child in there, sleeping or not. When we were on the Conquest one of my favorite areas was on the Promenade on Deck 3. There weren't many people there at all and there were lounge chairs. Very peaceful to me with the sound of the water. You should see if that area will work for you.

I'm not familiar with this ship, but frequently Serenity is one area and the adults only pool is in another. No one under 18 is allowed in Serenity. Kids are frequently in the adults only pool AREA as that is where the pizza place is. It is only against rules to bring the child INTO the pool.

Enjoy your cruise.

Well said. Agreed.