parking in New Orleans

bigdog60

I agree, I park in the parking garage at the pier. It is so convenient and cheap in comparison to a lot of parking rates at hotels, etc. Some hotels will charge you $25+ per night. It is $16 per night at the garage at the port but you don't have to drag your luggage around as they take it right in the garage. Also when you return your car is right there waiting for you. http://portno.com/parking

The two times I've sailed from NOLA I've used the Fulton Street Parking Garage. They have a shuttle that will transport you from the garage to the cruise terminal quickly and the shuttle is also there after your cruise. I went to airport parking reservations . com and chose the option for rooftop parking. I think it comes out to $8/day.

The two times I've sailed from NOLA I've used the Fulton Street Parking Garage. They have a shuttle that will transport you from the garage to the cruise terminal quickly and the shuttle is also there after your cruise. I went to airport parking reservations . com and chose the option for rooftop parking. I think it comes out to $8/day.

We have parked at the Fulton Street Garage 3 time now...Can't beat it.

Yes, it is $8 per day if you select roof top parking; covered is $12.

Keep in mind that they like to limit the number of passengers in the shuttle to 2 people so if you have a large group drop them off at the port first then go park.

I just parked at the Fulton Street Parking Garage roof top at 8 dollars aday. I did B2B sailing and needed 11 nights. To me on a short cruise of 4 or five nights I will park at the pier. The savings just isn't big enough to have to fool with the bus. Now they did a good job and all went well so on a long trip I will use again. Plus their was a 5 dollar booking fee and tax and you need two tip the driver and the people loading your car. So on a short cruise you save 10 dollars

I just parked at the Fulton Street Parking Garage roof top at 8 dollars aday. I did B2B sailing and needed 11 nights. To me on a short cruise of 4 or five nights I will park at the pier. The savings just isn't big enough to have to fool with the bus. Now they did a good job and all went well so on a long trip I will use again. Plus their was a 5 dollar booking fee and tax and you need two tip the driver and the people loading your car. So on a short cruise you save 10 dollars

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this is a question I have as well. I have been trying to decide between the Fulton garage (we would select covered, rather than rooftop) and parking at the Pier (Erato because we are cruising Carnival). Other than the obvious $16 compared to $12, what are the disadvantages/ advantages. We have a very LONG drive home and I want to disembark as early as possible and get on our way. Which would be the best in this scenario? That is the most important to us at this time. Thank you!

If getting on the road in a hurry is your priority, then park at the port.

The shuttle will run back and forth, but if you miss it because they've taken another group ahead of you, then you have to wait for them to unload and come back to the port.

For the ease of in and out, parking at the port wins. Especially when you pull in and they unload your luggage and check it there, then you take the elevator to floor 2 and you are in line to check in. It is unbeatable!

It is all about timing. Fulton Garage has several shuttles but depending on when you get off the ship, waiting in line to clear customs may also require waiting on a shuttle.

We were on the Elation 12/28 - 1/2, after clearing customs we waited about 10 minutes for a shuttle, picked up the cars and drove back over to the terminal to load our passengers and baggage....still had plenty of time to make the 700 mile journey home to Tulsa.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard stories that some hotels have free parking while you are on a cruise.

One of my friends from Where's George (I met her at two different gatherings) was telling me that the reason that her and her husband stay at the Holiday Inn in Metairie, LA when they go their cruises out of New Orleans is that they can leave their car at the Holiday Inn for free while they are on their cruise. I do not know how they get too and from the port.

I might misunderstood so if this is something you may want to do, please double check the information.

Edited by HCTiger9704

I have heard stories that some hotels have free parking while you are on a cruise.

N

One of my friends from Where's George (I met her at two different gatherings) was telling me that the reason that her and her husband stay at the Holiday Inn in Metairie, LA when they go their cruises out of New Orleans is that they can leave their car at the Holiday Inn for free while they are on their cruise. I do not know how they get too and from the port.

I might misunderstood so if this is something you may want to do, please double check the information.

True...The Ramada Inn in Metairie also has free parking for up 14 days. They also have a free shuttle to the cruise port. Just call ask about their park & cruise package