Faster to the Fun sold out?

LVDFW

We sail the Sunshine December 14, 2014. Is FTTF really worth the extra money? There is 4 of us. My Mom is handicap and will have a handicap scooter. Not sure if that makes a difference with boarding or not. We'll be driving and I hope to arrive the night before and stay close to the port.

There should be no problem with boarding without FTTF for a handicap passenger. However, with FTTF, you also get access to your cabin when you board, as well as priority tender times.

Handicap passengers and those needing assistance board before platinum, diamond and FTTF. So FTTF would not be needed for handicap passengers.

If FTTF is sold out. Someone may change their mind and cancel theirs. It would then come available to the next person who sees it is available.

Handicap passengers and those needing assistance board before platinum, diamond and FTTF. So FTTF would not be needed for handicap passengers.

Does that include the other 3 passengers with the handicap person? Sorry to ask so many questions. I just went on my 1st cruise last year and we didn't use FTTF. There wasn't much of a line and we boarded fairly easily as far as I'm concerned. This trip though is totally different since my Mom will be going with us. She's never cruised before and I've never dealt with a handicap person on a cruise.

Just got mine today too!!! So excited! I have been checking daily. Sometimes 2-3 times a day. I had to double check cause I couldnt believe my eyes... about stumble trying to get to my purse. It was quite comical.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

I did that too! I added to my cart, accidentally added two, was trying to type in my credit card number fast but not mess it up....all the while trying to explain to my husband what it all meant.

A slightly different question, do you have to be in a wheelchair or something similar to get to board with the handicap group? I shattered my foot a couples years back and have bad arthritis in the foot joints and ankle. I don't use a wheelchair, but due to difficulty walking long distances/ standing for long time periods my doctor signed off for me a handicap placard. I have a wallet card that states I am handicapped. Will that suffice?

• 4 months later...

We are sailing in just 17 days. Is it possible something will open up this late? It's just my husband and me in one cabin and our two minor (13 & 15) children in the other, so I plan to buy two, but even if I only get one I can send the girls up to the ship so they can start exploring.

I just booked our summer vacation (on the Legend) about an hour ago and booked FTTF for us. According to the website, there were just 12 FTTF's left so I went ahead and booked it. Keep checking as more will become available over the next few months. We booked the Dream last summer and there were no FTTF's available when we booked in January of 2013, but were able to get it in April. Don't give up, just keep checking!

Where does it say how many are left?? I don't see it anywhere on mine, but it is available.

As an FYI, if you email shoreexcursions@carnival.com, you will get an email stating they have had a lot of FTTF requests. You should then be notified when more spots become ope for your sailing. I emailed them this morning, and about an hour or so later, I had the email stating spots were opening up. Be sure to include your sail date, and your ship.

Where does it say how many are left?? I don't see it anywhere on mine, but it is available.

When you see FTTF available for your cruise, click Add to Cart. On the next screen (before you confirm purchase) there'll be red text that says "Only X spots left!" or something to that effect.

When you see FTTF available for your cruise, click Add to Cart. On the next screen (before you confirm purchase) there'll be red text that says "Only X spots left!" or something to that effect.

Wow. My 3/8/15 Breeze sailing is showing a whopping 17 available. I thought they only open up blocks of 15? And this is after mine was purchased, so it was 18. Could this be an indicator that my sailing hasn't started filling up yet?....Or that nobody is interested in FTTF?

As an FYI, if you email shoreexcursions@carnival.com, you will get an email stating they have had a lot of FTTF requests. You should then be notified when more spots become ope for your sailing. I emailed them this morning, and about an hour or so later, I had the email stating spots were opening up. Be sure to include your sail date, and your ship.

Not always. I emailed them, and it was someone on my roll call that emailed me to tell me they opened more, not Carnival. I never did get an email from Carnival. Fortunately, I got mine.

Thanks so much for sharing this email address. I sent an email and received an answer back within 30 min saying they were able to open up a few more. I went right to the web site and was able to get FTTF for my friends who are sailing with us.

Keep coming back and checking. Multiple times daily. I did that and about a month after I booked I was able to purchase.

As far as adding people it is by cabin. FTTF purchased by one person covers that cabin only.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, but it doesn't say that on mine. Maybe because I already purchased one for myself(?) I would think it should still show it since it is listed just like other excursions.

Thanks, but it doesn't say that on mine. Maybe because I already purchased one for myself(?) I would think it should still show it since it is listed just like other excursions.

Keep checking. This was happening to me also and I was wondering what the heck everyone was talking about seeing how many were left because it wasn't saying anything about quantity for me anywhere.

Then the other day after reading this thread, I went and checked and suddenly in red it stated "Only 17 left!"...So it seems (at least for me) sometimes it will show and others it doesn't.

BTW, it still showed the quantity available a week after I purchased one for myself, so it's definitely not that.

Edited by chris330r

Keep checking. This was happening to me also and I was wondering what the heck everyone was talking about seeing how many were left because it wasn't saying anything about quantity for me anywhere.

Then the other day after reading this thread, I went and checked and suddenly in red it stated "Only 17 left!"...So it seems (at least for me) sometimes it will show and others it doesn't.

BTW, it still showed the quantity available a week after I purchased one for myself, so it's definitely not that.

Thanks, I will do that. Our friends have not booked yet and if it gets close to being sold out I will have to light a fire under them :) Otherwise they might be running slower to the fun, trying to catch up!

Thanks, I will do that. Our friends have not booked yet and if it gets close to being sold out I will have to light a fire under them :) Otherwise they might be running slower to the fun, trying to catch up!

Good Luck!!!

After reading your post today I emailed them and waited for the automated response. To my surprise I received the following message

"A small handful of additional space was able to be added. Please act fast, as these too will quickly sell out again. ☺"

So I logged in and was able to buy one. We booked our cruise last week for the June 28 8 Day Southern Caribbean from Port Canaveral on Carnival Liberty. I saw posts from as late as February saying the FTTF was already sold out so I figured I was out of luck. Thankfully I saw your post! Hope it works for others as well.

Bonus: Yesterday we purchased a $500 e-gift card and I used the 10% reward to pay for it.

• 2 months later...
I just booked our summer vacation (on the Legend) about an hour ago and booked FTTF for us. According to the website, there were just 12 FTTF's left so I went ahead and booked it. Keep checking as more will become available over the next few months. We booked the Dream last summer and there were no FTTF's available when we booked in January of 2013, but were able to get it in April. Don't give up, just keep checking!

I have been checking every day 3-4 times a day and finally last night they opened up some for our Feb 8 sailing. I snagged two for our two cabins. But I couldn't see how many were available, or left after I booked. I have friends sailing on the same ship and did tell them to go right then to get theirs. But just curious, where did you see where it said how many were available?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you to whomever it was who posted the email address/contact at Carnival for FTTF.

There are 12 spots open for the 12/28 Dream out of NOLA!

Just bought one for each of our guest rooms. :)