How will bus strike in San Juan affect you?

needabreakcanada

Just wondering if the bus stick starting January 27th will affect many cruisers?

Think cabs will be harder to come by?

I don't think it will affect cruisers that much. Maybe the ones staying a day or so extra in Condado and would want to take the bus to OSJ. The buses don't allow luggage so cruisers going to the airports or hotels can't ride them. And in OSJ its mostly walking. Trolleys are too few and far between to make much difference there.

We had a horrible experience with a taxi strike a few years ago.

I didn't know you couldn't take luggage on their buses - good to know. We were thinking to take the bus from Condado area to OSJ with our emptied carry on luggage to fill with drinks.

Guess that's not happening.

Thanks,

You might get away with taking a carryon on the bus, if it looks like a bag rather than a suitcase. It's something you could hold in your lap and it wouldn't take any time to load it, so I guess I would try. I think they don't want hordes of tourists with many bags slowing down the buses trying to load and unload and then taking up room.

I don't think it will affect cruisers that much. Maybe the ones staying a day or so extra in Condado and would want to take the bus to OSJ. The buses don't allow luggage so cruisers going to the airports or hotels can't ride them. And in OSJ its mostly walking. Trolleys are too few and far between to make much difference there.

We had a horrible experience with a taxi strike a few years ago.

Will the trolleys be effected by this strike? Are the drivers part of the same union?

Will the trolleys be effected by this strike? Are the drivers part of the same union?

No. Totally separate.

The AMA bus strike was planned for 1 day, Jan 27th. So unless you are in port that day, it is a total non-issue.

If you happen to be there that day, it still will probably not have any affect on you, unless you were planning on using a bus to go to the Mall or beach or something. There are plenty of taxis.

And I am unsure if they are even going to strike anyway since they got what they wanted (back pay).