Picture heavy review of our B2B on the Breeze

Ykgorbie

I have decided, after much deliberation, to finally put together a review of our B2B cruise we took on the Breeze in Nov. of 2013. The review will probably have more pictures than "review", but feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will certainly try to answer them.

Just a little background....we are in our 50's and live in Yellowknife which is in Canada's western Arctic. Think east of Alaska and about 1000 miles north of Edmonton. We have only cruised on Carnival (as my husband says, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it") and this was our 8th and 9th cruise.

northamerica.jpg?t=1390730714

Three plane rides and 9 hours in the air....a long way to go for us which is why we have decided we like doing back-to-backs. Plus, our airfare is ridiculous, so it makes sense to us.

This was landing in Miami on Oct. 30th/13

LandinginMIA.jpg?t=1390730728

The last time we stayed in Miami, we stayed in the Bayside Area, so this time we wanted to stay in Miami Beach. Chose a few nights at the Z Ocean Hotel; it was fantastic. Expensive, but fantastic. We had a penthouse suite (if you're going to stay there, I would recommend shelling out the extra cashola for a PH suite) and there were 2 bathrooms, small sitting area, microwave, small fridge, sink/bar, Bose sound system, and two balconies. The lower balcony had one lounger on it as well as a table and two chairs. A spiral staircase took you to the upper rooftop area (private) and you had your own hot tub, table and chairs, double lounge bed, sink, sound system. The place really was out of this world; we splurged and had a fantastic time there.

003-1.jpg

UpperBalconyZOcean.jpg

I will post more tomorrow....

Edited by Ykgorbie

Thanks for deciding to post a review, I can never get enough of them! I understand your long day of flights, I thought ours would be long, we' live two hours east of Winnipeg. Time doesn't permit us to do a B2B, but someday.......

I'm anxiously waiting for your review to go on, stay warm and, please continue.

We spent a lot of time just relaxing in Miami Beach. Had some great meals, walked around, got a round of golf in, walked to the beach, but there were purple and yellow flags out so we didn't get into the water. I asked one of the lifeguards (who was busy talking to his friend on his cell phone:() what the flags meant and he said there had been jellies. I asked what kind and he said moon and man'o'war. I was indeed surprised at the amount of people who were swimming. :eek:

Did take too many shots around Miami, but this was one of may favourites on Halloween...

MiamiHalloween.jpg

Took this with my ipHone 5 and the zoom from our balcony at the Z Ocean Hotel

001.jpg

ViewfromBalconyZOcean.jpg

Kind of grainy, I know, but I took these using the zoom on my iPhone 5

007.jpg

The 4 nights we spent in Miami Beach went by quickly, we had fun, but not sure I'd stay there again. Pretty pricey for 4 days. But hey, we work hard all year long and put up with -50C temps, so we deserve it, lol. At least that's what I tell myself.

Nov.3rd rolled around and we were excited to get to the ship. I had purchased Faster to the Fun (for the first cruise only) but more on that in a bit...

SeeingtheBreeze.jpg?t=1390730768

POM.jpg?t=1390731225

I must have taken the picture above once they started boarding everybody....MUCH later than the time we arrived at POM, which was around 10:30am. There was an announcement that there were delays with getting people off of the ship. And rumors flying around (confirmed later by one of the Carnival agents) that there were police onboard earlier that morning arresting some people. In any event, they didn't start boarding until after 12:30pm. So much for Faster to the Fun. Our luggage didn't arrive at our cabin until probably 4:00pm. Don't get me wrong, it did NOT ruin our cruise, it was just something that happened that would make me re-think purchasing FTTF again.

Coming up....pictures of our Aft Wrap # 6470 :D

Edited by Ykgorbie
spelling

Some pictures of around the ship while we waited for our luggage:

Breezepool.jpg

Deck11Breeze.jpg

Deck5Breeze.jpg

LOVED Deck 5 on the Breeze. Lots of open areas, seating, beautiful views and there always seemed to be seating available.

Breezewaterpark.jpg

Hubby on the far right (trying to get out of the picture, lol)

Deck10Breeze.jpg

I like that room. It's got a unique setup. Always been in a regular balcony, but this looks pretty nice! Great review so far!

Yes, loved the room. We love the aft of the ship and spend a great deal of time on our balcony. The wrap balcony is way too large for the two of us, I know, but to me it is heaven on earth back there. ! Glad you're enjoying the review, although mostly pictures and not so much "review" lol

Yes, loved the room. We love the aft of the ship and spend a great deal of time on our balcony. The wrap balcony is way too large for the two of us, I know, but to me it is heaven on earth back there. ! Glad you're enjoying the review, although mostly pictures and not so much "review" lol

N E V E R !! :eek:

;) :D

Our heaven-on-earth balcony, cabin #6470

001-2.jpg

004.jpg

003-3.jpg

This was taken with me craning my neck around to the side of our balcony

005-3.jpg

Absolutely!! The balcony, the quiet, the wake....we love it all. We spent TONS of time out there reading, enjoying the sun and doing nothing!! ;)