Noisy Cloud 9 Spa cabin on Dream

Tantra1

can anyone confirm if those cabins are noisy? we are doing a back to back and i don't want to be stuck in a cabin for 2 weeks and have to deal with the noise. i'm usually pretty good about checking the layout but i missed it on this one

If you are on the Dream then YES they are. We were in the cabin next to 11220 and we and our neighbors were VERY upset all week. Those cabins are directly under the leg and arm machine weights. Constant banging and shaking of the walls and ceiling throughout the day from 6:00AM to 11:00PM. I doubt there are noisier cabins on the ship. You want to change those immediately if there are still cabins available on the starboard side.

Cheers!

If you are on the Dream then YES they are. We were in the cabin next to 11220 and we and our neighbors were VERY upset all week. Those cabins are directly under the leg and arm machine weights. Constant banging and shaking of the walls and ceiling throughout the day from 6:00AM to 11:00PM. I doubt there are noisier cabins on the ship. You want to change those immediately if there are still cabins available on the starboard side.

Cheers!

thanks so much!!! we switched cabins so that we wouldn't have to move for the b2b and after trying to find cabins that were available near / next to each other for both sailings i forgot to check what was above us. i'll email my ta now....this will be our 3rd cabin change. thats why i like to book myself so that i can make the changes without having to bug anyone. ughhh

thanks so much!!! we switched cabins so that we wouldn't have to move for the b2b and after trying to find cabins that were available near / next to each other for both sailings i forgot to check what was above us. i'll email my ta now....this will be our 3rd cabin change. thats why i like to book myself so that i can make the changes without having to bug anyone. ughhh

Once you make the changes be sure to have it documented and keep a copy with you when you board. Also regularly check that it doesn't change. I booked a starboard side room and Carnival changed it to port side under the weight machines. I didn't think of checking before the cruise but I did have the confirmation papers for the starboard side room that I originally booked with me from the previous month but it was too late once I boarded.

I am not happy with Carnival and I have a cruise on the Dream again in Feb in a port side Cloud 9 cabin that I can't change. This will be the last Carnival cruise I take. They obviously don't care about their customers when you hear about chronic problems like this that they don't try to fix.

Good luck making the change and hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Cheers!

Once you make the changes be sure to have it documented and keep a copy with you when you board. Also regularly check that it doesn't change. I booked a starboard side room and Carnival changed it to port side under the weight machines. I didn't think of checking before the cruise but I did have the confirmation papers for the starboard side room that I originally booked with me from the previous month but it was too late once I boarded.

I am not happy with Carnival and I have a cruise on the Dream again in Feb in a port side Cloud 9 cabin that I can't change. This will be the last Carnival cruise I take. They obviously don't care about their customers when you hear about chronic problems like this that they don't try to fix.

Good luck making the change and hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Cheers!

thanks for the advise...hoping to hear back from the TA this morning. i can't remember if we ended up with early saver or not. if so it'll be another $50 p/p for the cabin change which really bites!

when they are promoting serenity it doesn't make much sense to have the gym above you, duh!

thanks again

We just returned from what was supposed to be a relaxing cruise in a Cloud 9 Spa cabin on the Dream that left us tired and worn out. For 7 days there was constant loud banging and rattling of the walls and ceiling from about 5:30AM to 11:00Pm. This was not a minor noise and the type of ear plugs I used to use around heavy machinery didn't make any difference. Frequently throughout the day and night the beds, walls, and ceiling would even shake while we were trying to rest. We were in an inside cabin so the back wall of the cabins were facing the restricted crew areas and above us was the gym steam rooms, and mens and womens lockers.

Just so the cheerleaders don't think this was a minor isolated problem we talked to neighbors in a few of the other Cloud 9 cabins who were also upset about the same chronic problems in their cabins. We all spoke to Guest Services and they were able to reduce (not stop) the banging but only for a short while and only for one day.

The main purpose of the cruise was to spend our time relaxing in a quiet region of the ship and use the T-pool, steam rooms, and relaxation rooms. We even scheduled and paid for a Cloud 9 Spa cabin cruise in Feb on the Dream for the same reason before it leaves for New Orleans. We have cruised on the Dream a few times before, although not in a Cloud 9 cabin, and never had this problem. Now we are not sure we want to return for a noisy week of banging walls and ceiling while we try to sleep each night.

Has anyone in an inside Cloud 9 Spa cabin on the Dream had this problem before?

Cheers!

We were in room 11240 and it was always very quite. Going again in 23 days and have room 11235 hope its the same.

We've been in 11240 recently and the only noise issue we had was a screaming baby in 11236 ( every night ). Also, it was very windy during our cruise and the latch mechanism on the divider between those two balconies rattled and banged quite a bit. I guess its understandable in gale force winds. 11240 is a 2 person room on the deck map and we stayed there with just 2 of us.

My boys stayed in 11224 and said they heard the occasional noise but wouldn't call the cabin "noisy". My girls were in 11223 and had a quiet cabin.

I originally booked 11222 to be across from my boys. After realizing it was not only under the gym ( I knew when I booked but *had to be across from 11224), but also had a connecting cabin I became a bit concerned. After reading a review of this cabin here at CC, both of my concerns were validated and we decided that being a few doors from the boys would be fine and we moved to 11240.

We were in room 11240 and it was always very quite. Going again in 23 days and have room 11235 hope its the same.

11240 is right before the gym and under the reception area. You got lucky on that one. 11235 is on the Starboard side and under a sauna so you should have no problems there.

Cheers!

We've stayed in 11239 (inside spa room) TWICE and had no issue with noise.

Maggie

11239 is on the starboard side and not under the gym. That is why you had no issues with noise. It is the Port side under the gym that is the chronic problem.

Cheers!

11239 is on the starboard side and not under the gym. That is why you had no issues with noise. It is the Port side under the gym that is the chronic problem.

Cheers!

Yes, I know. That is why I picked that cabin. Just throwing out the number for people who were looking for quiet rooms.

Maggie

Yes, I know. That is why I picked that cabin. Just throwing out the number for people who were looking for quiet rooms.

Maggie

We were in 11223 which was so quiet you could hear a pin drop except for the one rocky night you could hear the waves crashing against the hull. It was not nearly as unsettling as the free weights being dropped directly on our ceiling over on the port side. Hubby says he wouldn't book this quad again as it was incredibly tight, but I didn't find it a deal breaker for such a great price. Maybe once the kids are teens I'll reconsider, but for 8 year olds it worked fine. Love the spa package on the Dream. Would never sail the Dream and NOT do the spa package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app