What does the "*" indicate...

SweetPease

Jim and Stan, thank you for your not so kind words. Truth is, our TA booked us in a Concierge GTY, so we had no clue which cabin we would receive. Thanks for the key to the symbols. Perhaps I won't have to ask any more "silly" questions, although I thought this was the forum for any type of honest inquiry ;)

Jim and Stan, thank you for your not so kind words. Truth is, our TA booked us in a Concierge GTY, so we had no clue which cabin we would receive. Thanks for the key to the symbols. Perhaps I won't have to ask any more "silly" questions, although I thought this was the forum for any type of honest inquiry ;)

I apologize if you felt slighted in any way by my comment, which was in no way meant to be personal in nature.

I was anxious to point out that the decision to accept a guarantee booking without first knowing the differences between the staterooms could have been a very risky one. Not knowing what the different cabin options were, how could you possibly know if they would all be acceptable to you?

All of that should have been explained to you before you agreed to buy into a Guarantee situation.

There is no such thing as a silly question, however, it may be silly to ask the question after it is too late to do anything about correcting the problem.

Edited by JimandStan

Thank you Jim and Stan. I apologize if I was curt. I DO appreciate your point and you are indeed right. Our TA told us with a GTY in the concierge level, all rooms were the same with the exception of location on the ship. We actually asked for an A4 category and were fine with the location. We did look at the locations of the other categories and were also good with that. We ended up with an A3. I just didn't understand the "fold out" part. I simply assumed all cabins in this category had the same type of couch.

Now, I would like to call upon your expertise one more time. I cannot seem to locate a list of the wines/champagnes available for purchase on the ship. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Now, I would like to call upon your expertise one more time. I cannot seem to locate a list of the wines/champagnes available for purchase on the ship. Can you point me in the right direction?

As with many better restaurants, Oceania does not provide prices online, but these lists are representative of what the Marina will carry:

By the Glass:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/beveragepackages/

& By the Bottle:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/wine-lists/GDR-Wine-List.pdf

Enjoy!

It must feel good to have a cabin assignment. We also have a gty deluxe ocean view and have not seen any indication our cabin has been firmed up. A GTY was all they could offer at time we booked. We have never had this before. How did you find out your cabin was assigned?

Checked our profile online but it still dies not say anything.

The cruise is quickly approaching and it will be welcomed with the winter weather we have had to date

There were quite a few guarantee people on our Nov. 20th cruise out of Barcelona that didn't have their cabin assignments until a very few days before the cruise. And I've even heard of some lucky few who don't know where they'll be staying until they arrive on board.

Mura

Thank you Jim and Stan. I apologize if I was curt. I DO appreciate your point and you are indeed right. Our TA told us with a GTY in the concierge level, all rooms were the same with the exception of location on the ship. We actually asked for an A4 category and were fine with the location. We did look at the locations of the other categories and were also good with that. We ended up with an A3. I just didn't understand the "fold out" part. I simply assumed all cabins in this category had the same type of couch.

Thank you.

And to add just a little more detail, you probably would not have realized that you were in a triple unless you knew your cabin before sailing. On one of our cruises we did not receive our cabin until we got to the pier. We were very pleased with the cabin, spent the more than half of the two weeks+ without realizing we had a triple. We were looking to book another cruise while on our current cruise and that is when I noticed the '*' on our cabin while looking at the deck plan. We took the cushions off of the sofa and, sure enough, it was a fold out.

And to CottageLover:

We know how you feel. The above mentioned cruise that I was relating to Sweetpease was a cruise that we had a GTY from the time we booked our Ocean View until we got to the pier. It is frustrating to logon to the website only to constantly see that "GTY" in the area that shows 'your cabin'. When we got our documents booklet as well as our final docs, both showed GTY. We called Oceania and our TA twice to be sure we weren't showing up in Barcelona only to not have a cabin. Even our luggage tags had a blank space where it was supposed to have our cabin.

Well, let me just say that the longer we have been in the GTY lottery pool, the better it has worked out for us. ;)

Not always---one sailing, we ended up with the exact cabin category we had booked on GTY. But that was also fine since we booked a GTY cabin category that we would be happy with.

But the best GTYs for us have been those that have gone down to the wire. :D

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by willidc
spelling

It must feel good to have a cabin assignment. We also have a gty deluxe ocean view and have not seen any indication our cabin has been firmed up. A GTY was all they could offer at time we booked. We have never had this before. How did you find out your cabin was assigned?

Checked our profile online but it still dies not say anything.

The cruise is quickly approaching and it will be welcomed with the winter weather we have had to date

Guess we were just lucky. I looked at our online profile today and the cabin assignment was there. I honestly was prepared to not know until boarding based on what their policy is regarding GTY rooms. We sail 3/11.

If you are on the Marina at the same time, just keep checking. Maybe they are working through deck by deck. :)

Good luck!

Cottagelover, from what Willidc is saying, it may be a very good thing that you are still showing GTY :) (Thank you Willidc for the voice of experience!) We did get an "upgrade" by one level (A4 to A3). As I mentioned, the rooms are all the same, just a difference of location. Perhaps you will get even better than you anticipate. Fingers crossed for you :D. Good luck!