Shore excursions for southern caribbean

m8140

We are going on Carnival Liberty in June. It will be going to the Southern Caribbean, which we have never been. We have been to eastern and western quite a bit. Can anyone recommend excursion for Aruba, Curacao, and Grand Turks.

I am going to these ports next month. I have only been to Grand Turk before. In Grand Turk we loved our stingray excursion to Gibbs Cay. This time we just plan to go to the beach that is right where you dock.

In Aruba we have booked the Jeep Safari to the Natural Pool.

We are also looking for something to do in Curacao, so hopefully someone has some recommendations for there. For our sail date there are 2 excursions that are already sold out and they are the mini jeeps and another called "Beach Fun by Boat and Sunset". So, if you are interested in those you should probably book well in advance.

The ones in Aruba that are already sold out are the helmet dive, the cruise and snorkel and the beginner scuba.

In Grand Turk the horseback riding and cabana's sold out early as well.

Hope this information helps. I really wish I had had some insight into what was going to sell out first because there is one or two that I am now going to miss out on.

Curacao

If you want to dive, check out operators in Curacao for a "Discover Scuba course". Underwater, whether diving or snorkeling, is better in Curacao than Aruba.

In Curacao we simply took a taxi to Playa Porto Mari. My husband and I were set on just spending a day at the beach. We ended up diving (we are certified already). They also have a snorkel trail there as well. It was very easy getting there by taxi.

Aruba

Search here in this forum. Aruba is great for beaches as well as sightseeing.

Excursion Thoughts

Aruba-best beaches

Definitely go to one of the "western" beaches in Curacao - the clearest water and amazing snorkling (we don't dive but met people who did and said it was great in Curacao). We spent a week there 2 years ago and part of the reason we chose our first cruise last year was b/c it stopped in Curacao.

We also loved Aruba! Palm Beach is fun and easy to get to via local bus.

Curacao

If you want to dive, check out operators in Curacao for a "Discover Scuba course". Underwater, whether diving or snorkeling, is better in Curacao than Aruba.

In Curacao we simply took a taxi to Playa Porto Mari. My husband and I were set on just spending a day at the beach. We ended up diving (we are certified already). They also have a snorkel trail there as well. It was very easy getting there by taxi.

Aruba

Search here in this forum. Aruba is great for beaches as well as sightseeing.

Excursion Thoughts

Aruba-best beaches

Was it pretty easy to get a taxi in Curacao to Playa Porto Mari? Is it easy to get one as you're leaving the beach or do we need to make sure the one that drops us off will come back?

Yes, there were plenty of taxis at the cruise terminal. We agreed on a price and then asked the driver to come back to pick us up at the appointed time.

I would like to think that if there were no taxis waiting for when you wanted to leave, the folks at Porto Mari could call a taxi for you.

• 1 month later...

We cruised this itinerary last year. We took the Jeep excursion in Aruba, and took a taxi to Porto Marie (beach & snorkeling) in Curacao. In Grand Turk, we just hung out at the beach and then walked along the shore to a more deserted area. You can read my detailed, picture intensive review of the cruise at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1781515

My family thoroughly LOVED this itinerary.