Silhouette vs all inclusive resort in punta Cana?

jenkinscb85

I've been on 4 cruises. Thus would be my first on celebrity. The other couple traveling with us prefers resort. They went with us on RCL mariner of the seas in March 2012 and the weather wasn't great so it put a damper and bad taste in their mouth ( it was their first cruise).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Bad weather is hard on any vacation, on the sea or on land. At least on ship once you get past the rockin an rolling you can get out of the cabin and go to other places. At a resort, you are going to get soaked running from your room to the resturant or an activity.

I have done many more AI's than I have cruises. Enjoying both but they are very different. Sometimes cruises are less relaxing because there is a lot going on and you have to read the program if you don't want to miss stuff.

That being said if you hit a poor AI or bad weather it can be a very long week in DR.

Looks like you haven't tried cruising yet so maybe you need to try it and then make up your own mind.:D

Bad weather can happen on a land vacation. I did an AI, and had rain on 5 of the 7 days. And I mean, all day rain with high winds. Was bored out of my mind. At least on a cruise in bad weather they have all the indoor activities.

We have stayed at the RIU Punta Cana and have cruised with both princess and celebrity a few times.

The pros to Punta Cana would be that the beaches are absolutelty beautiful. They are huge and very lush, clean and you can't beat the water. The all

Inclusive vacation will be very relaxing bc there is really not much to do outside the resort.

I have to agree that I would pick a cruise hands down. I found the food and the drinks at the all inclusive to not be very good. We aren't really quantity people and much prefer quality. You sure can drink all you want at an all inclusive but it will not be any brand specific beer or liquor. I also find the rooms on a cruise ship to be nicer. Although smaller, they don't have that mildew stink the carribean gets.

Have fun either way.