How do you package a wine bottle before boarding?

cynthiacruz

I also read to bring your own bungy cord to hold the balcony door open? what's up with that? I am going on vacation not manual labor I just don't want to open the door the wrong way have the door hit my face & get knocked out cold. this is my first balcony cabin reason I got it is because i hear its nice to have one.

We've never brought a bungy cord or doors have always propped open on their own.

these things are pretty cool! will definitely order for our cruise in march! thanks for the tip!

You're welcome. We seriously love them and we've never had an issue.

The last two cruise they wanted to see the bottle and the label, so ya might want to keep it handy and visible. We check nothing on the airlines of with porters ( saves money and never a fear of losing stuff), so we have carry-ons with us, usually a small rolling suitcase and a backpack each for the 3 of us. We carry our wine bottles in one of the backpacks. This is also handy since upon boarding it's celebrate vacation time and one gets opened within minutes.

We have a neoprene 2 bottle wine tote I bought from amazon for around 15 bucks. We stick it down in our carry on, or my husband just carries it by the handle. I used to wrap them in bubble wrap and put them down in my carry on, but it got annoying to have to stand in line and unwrap them.

I am sailing soon and would like to take my own bottle of wine, but how do I protect it from breaking? do I put it in my purse, use styrifoam or wrap it in plastic.. please advise.

thanks...

We leave it wrapped in a plain paper bag then we bubble wrap it and place it in our luggage in a 2 gallon zip lock. When we arrive at the airport we remove the wine and place it in our back pack and carry it on board. We have never had a bottle break yet.