Just off the Legend this morning. Quick review, any questions?

soxfanattic

We just got off the Legend this morning. Here are my observations from our cruise. Any questions just ask. Info about us. I am 51 wife 46. Turned 47 today.

Embarkation was easy. Even though we were told not to show up before 1:00, we got to the ship around 10:45. Breezed right through security and getting Sign and Sail. Ship wasn't ready to board right away. We got on the ship about 11:35 with a number 4 embarkation number.

We were in Veranda balcony cabin 7276. Loved it. Cabin wasn't ready until about 1:45.

We went to the steakhouse 1st night. I thought it was good, not great. Alot of food, I just thought the whole meal is stretched out a little too long. Took dessert to go as we were stuffed. Went to the Main dining room the rest of the cruise. Great service. Favorite item for me was the ribs on first elegant night, my wife thought it was the Bacon Mac and Cheese on the last night. Went to Brunch both days and really liked it alot.

Excursions- Grand Caymen-Land and Sea through Carnival was real good

Cozumel was Chankanaab park on our own, very relaxing

Belize was Cavetubing.com. enjoyed it alot. Only $35/person for whole day. A very good deal, did both caves. Word of advice, it is a long walk up a trail full of stones. In water shoes, feet get a little sore.

Roatan was a private tour with Bodden tours. The guides were awesome. I say guides because our first vehicle blew a tire and needed a new vehicle. We enjoyed the island but if I did the island all over again, I would just go the beach just off the ship.

We also did the behind the scenes tour of the ship. We really enjoyed it but I'm not sure it was totally worth the money.

We went to most of the shows except Jazz Hot. All were pretty good. We went to the comedy club 7 times. We enjoyed it a ton.

Got off the ship really easy and was at the airport at 10:30.

Willie the cruise director was awesome. Hope this helps someone out as much as I was helped planning our cruise.

Thanks for your overview, soxfanattic! We are sailing a b2b on the Legend in a few weeks. We haven't sailed on Carnival in a few years and I keep reading that people dress much more casually on the Elegant Nights than we experienced in the past. Could you tell me if you saw many men with a suit and what you observed on those nights? Many thanks!

;)

Elaine

Thanks for your overview, soxfanattic! We are sailing a b2b on the Legend in a few weeks. We haven't sailed on Carnival in a few years and I keep reading that people dress much more casually on the Elegant Nights than we experienced in the past. Could you tell me if you saw many men with a suit and what you observed on those nights? Many thanks!

;)

Elaine

There were a decent amount of men in suits. There were also quite a few men with just shirt and khaki's. A few not dressed up at all. Didn't look like they enforced much at all. Hope this helps.

Did you go to Roatan? Recent travel warning have been issued for there. We will be sailing in April... Did you feel safe in both Roatan and Cozumel any security concerns?

Never felt unsafe in either port. We took a pretty comprehensive tour in Roatan and had no worries. While talking to our driver, I asked about the incident that was reported about the people who were the victims of the attack. He said that that was an area of the island known for drugs. Just saying what he told us.

how long was the wait for the comedy club? Family friendly less of a line? Thanks, will be on in March

For the family friendly show, I think 10 or so minutes before the show. For the 10:00 and 11:00 adult shows we arrived 20-25 minutes early and had an adult beverage on one of the couches. Best entertainment on the ship for us.

Hi ,

Thanks for the info. We are sailing in early March . Thinking about reservations at the Steakhouse . Can you tell me which nights were formal nights. We didn't want to schedule the same night.:)

The formal nights are Monday and Friday.

What and how were the other shows? Do they have playlist productions or the old style shows?

They are the older shows. Jazz Hot,an illusionist, a show with cruisers singing like Legend singers, like Elton John, Sinatra ect. A Motown show and a show with the 2 woman singers singing songs from famous women. Aretha,Whitney Houston ect. They are changing a couple of the shows during the drydock.

Hello 1 quick question please , you said the cabin wasn't ready until 1.45 , how do you find out when it is ready ? Keep checking back or is there a better option? Thanks for letting me ask , I am taking my first Carnival cruise this year :)

Hello 1 quick question please , you said the cabin wasn't ready until 1.45 , how do you find out when it is ready ? Keep checking back or is there a better option? Thanks for letting me ask , I am taking my first Carnival cruise this year :)

Hi Buzz,

They will probably announce over the loud speaker when cabins are ready. You can also check yourself prior to any announcement. Most cruise lines try to have all cabins ready by 1:00pm - 1:30pm.

Did they have the new house bands on board or just single and duo groups. If they had bands, where did they play. Thanks

We watched 1 4 piece band on board. The Legend house band played some Jazz outside the dining room one night. Also a few solo singers and 1 two person group

There were a decent amount of men in suits. There were also quite a few men with just shirt and khaki's. A few not dressed up at all. Didn't look like they enforced much at all. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your quick answer! I've been hearing that it's gotten much more casual and appreciate you confirming that! It's also been interesting reading all your other responses about the ship too! You've been very helpful,