Ultimate Dining Package--Why Would We...?

Yo Adrienne

Posts like this make me laugh. I'm sure those "idiots" or "snarling dogs" paid the same amount for their cruise and deserve to enjoy it as they see fit. Vacation is about over indulgence and it's sad your vacation is based around what other people are doing to enjoy themselves.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That was my take, as well. If someone wants to practice gluttony while the next person is practicing pride, sloth, or greed, who am I to judge?

I went online and see the UDP is being offered for our 11 night cruise for $199, which comes out to $18 a day, but the 7 night package is $119, which is $17 a day. Not a big difference, but this is the first time I have ever seen a per day surcharge go up, rather than down. Even weirder is a 10 night cruise is $20 a night, and a 14 night cruiser gets four more included meals than those on a ten night cruise. Think I will stay with pay as you go. Makes no sense to do a package unless you want to dine at a couple of places the same night or on a 14 night cruise, but one restaurant a night is enough for us. Celebrity has a similar program, but they charge by the day and include specialty restaurant lunches as well.

I went online and see the UDP is being offered for our 11 night cruise for $199, which comes out to $18 a day, but the 7 night package is $119, which is $17 a day. Not a big difference, but this is the first time I have ever seen a per day surcharge go up, rather than down. Even weirder is a 10 night cruise is $20 a night, and a 14 night cruiser gets four more included meals than those on a ten night cruise. Think I will stay with pay as you go. Makes no sense to do a package unless you want to dine at a couple of places the same night or on a 14 night cruise, but one restaurant a night is enough for us. Celebrity has a similar program, but they charge by the day and include specialty restaurant lunches as well.

This was our point exactly...! Since we're on a 10 day cruise, it's about $20 a night...and most of the specialty restaurants are only $15 a night. Makes no sense for us. We're better off to pay as we go, too...!:)

This was our point exactly...! Since we're on a 10 day cruise, it's about $20 a night...and most of the specialty restaurants are only $15 a night. Makes no sense for us. We're better off to pay as we go, too...!:)

I think the people at NCL think we can't add, or in our case divide.

Some equate a good time to unlimited piles of marginal food, a.k.a. the "trough" or otherwise known as the buffet. Others want more what passes for "food" for real food and for those people, there are the specialty restaurants. I don't include the "all you can eat" meat specialty restaurants in the real food category as gluttony does not equate with dining. Sitting next to "people" passing for starving snarling dogs is not my idea of a good time.

Will I pay extra to not have to listen whining children or sit next to idiots wth backwards baseball caps and mustard stains on their "wfe beaters", yes, in a heartbeat.

Please let me the next time you are on a cruise. I want to try to book the same one. Then I can sit near you, ask my kids to whine to their hearts content, wear a a backwards cap and buy a wife beater to wear while I shovel as much food as possible into my mouth. Hopefully with some of it adding stains to my shirt as it streams down my face.

Cheers!