Early Saver Rate and Adding a Guest

Inthedark31

I booked a May cruise with early saver rate. I received OBC of $180 thru various promotions (booking while on a cruise and bar credit), but was wondering what would happen if I added a person in my cabin? My daughter might be able to go and would just bunk in my room but I wasn't sure if I could add her to the room.

Right now the rates are the same as what I have now, and adding another person is only a couple hundred more. Question is.......will they allow me to add her to the room without a penalty? Would I just pay the difference in pricing for three people?

Thanks!

All of you would have to switch your room. Y'all would still all be in a room together, but they would have to give you a room with another bed, so you could sleep everyone.

Brett Bennett

The OP didn't say what type of cabin was booked;it's possible they'd need to move, but not necessarily-they could already have a cabin with a sofa/bed for example.

To the OP-there would not be a penalty for adding another person to the booking-you would be charged for the 3rd guest, which is usually much less than the 1st 2 guests.....hope it all works out for you.

Thanks for the responses. I just didn't want to be on hold with Carnival if it wasn't possible.

I alrady have a room that couldl possily sleep 3 so I don't think that would change.

If you go to carnival.com you can look at the deck plans and determine if your current room indeed has an upper or trundle. On the deck plans you will see "dots" on the staterooms which have accommodations for 3 & 4. The reason people assume you'll have to move is that typically Carnival doesn't like to book a room for 2 that holds more than that. However, as the sail date gets nearer, they will open up these rooms because they would rather book them for two than not at all. So, it really is a case by case basis.

If you go to carnival.com you can look at the deck plans and determine if your current room indeed has an upper or trundle. On the deck plans you will see "dots" on the staterooms which have accommodations for 3 & 4. The reason people assume you'll have to move is that typically Carnival doesn't like to book a room for 2 that holds more than that. However, as the sail date gets nearer, they will open up these rooms because they would rather book them for two than not at all. So, it really is a case by case basis.

but also can be opened now. example, my cruise in Oct 2014. we booked a room for 3. then had to move for a room with 4 as a friend wanted to join, then they both cancelled. so now 2 of us in a cabin for 4. waiting to be bumped out. I did check for our deck and even did a mock booking and the only rooms left on deck 7 mid is 3 and 4 person. and they have been opened to booking. so I'm waiting to see what happens with our room lol don't want to pay the going rate for a balcony right now its outrageous as its the last RT out of NY this season. but strange too they gave a guy problems of booking deck 7 for the 2 of them and they wouldn't let them do it. and he had a good reason as he was one of the cruises that they cancelled out so he had to go to deck 8.

so its a hit and miss. true, they rather 2 be in a 2, etc

Edited by jks336