Noro happens but...

THE PRODUCT IS ALPET D2

For the past several years or so my wife and I have been using a product that is effective against the noro virus. It is an alcohol based spray that is used in the food processing industry as well as many hospital environments. It is a spray that once dry requires no rinsing and the dry surface is FOOD SAFE.

We have been bringing it on all of our cruises (very convenient spray bottle) and use it to spray our stateroom as soon as it is ready to enter. It can be sprayed on glassware, silverware as well as plates or anything else that we feel we will use during the cruise.

We have been on several cruises where there were outbreaks and this product along with proper hand washing and the use of hand sanitizers has always worked for us. Maybe luck or who knows...

I have sent the specs on this product to all the major cruise lines in the past, but for whatever reason they seem to feel that using chlorine products that stink, damage the surfaces they are applied to as well as whatever clothing comes in contact with it.

http://bestsanitizers.com/products/surface-sanitizers

Although I am retired from the medical profession and my wife is still employed in it, we are in NO WAY affiliated with the product or the manufacturer or any of the sales outlets.

IT JUST WORKS

bosco

Dude, that's just diluted rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. It's not magic.

http://www.sfm.state.or.us/CR2K_SubDB/MSDS/ALPET_D2.PDF

Aside from washing your hands, which is absolutely the bet thing you can do to prevent getting sick and spreading germs..it is critical to not touch your face. Sounds silly, and we do it without thinking, but without conveyance to an entry point such as your nose, eyes, mouth, no amount of virus on your hands can make you sick.

Along the same lines, it is best to eat foods with silverware, not fingers, and choose foods that are not being touched by others as much as possible.

All you have to do is break the infection cycle of in one place to avoid infection and an easy one is transmission from hand to internally through handwashing and awareness of not touching your face and food.