Waterproof Camera Case

geomapper

Dicapac waterproof camera case.

http://www.dicapac.com/

Go to the website and figure out what size you need for your camera and then check out the prices on amazon. Amazon was cheaper than on the dicapac website. We have used this on our last 3 cruises and we snorkel at pretty much every port. I love that all our pictures are on our own digital camera. It works great, have never had any leaks.

Good luck

Go to the website and figure out what size you need for your camera and then check out the prices on amazon. Amazon was cheaper than on the dicapac website. We have used this on our last 3 cruises and we snorkel at pretty much every port. I love that all our pictures are on our own digital camera. It works great, have never had any leaks.

Good luck

I second that emotion

Good luck

Ditto!! I've used one for a couple of years now wiout any leaks, or any other problems.

ColSavLan. I tell people to always ask questions. There is no stupid or ignorant one. The only way to learn is ask.

Picasa is a free photo editing software program from Google, probably similar to photoshop. You can download the software and install it on your computer. To use it, start it, open the picture you want to edit. It allows you to correct red-eye and enhance the colors, which is what I do for the underwater pictures. And the ones that I've done it with come out truly amazing. When picasa starts with a picture, it allows you to do many things (crop, straighten, redeye, etc). What I use is "I'm feeling lucky" and "auto-color", swapping off between the two about 2-3 times. There is a histogram at the bottom that shows how the colors are changing.

Hope this helps.

Steve

ColSavLan. I tell people to always ask questions. There is no stupid or ignorant one. The only way to learn is ask.

Picasa is a free photo editing software program from Google, probably similar to photoshop. You can download the software and install it on your computer. To use it, start it, open the picture you want to edit. It allows you to correct red-eye and enhance the colors, which is what I do for the underwater pictures. And the ones that I've done it with come out truly amazing. When picasa starts with a picture, it allows you to do many things (crop, straighten, redeye, etc). What I use is "I'm feeling lucky" and "auto-color", swapping off between the two about 2-3 times. There is a histogram at the bottom that shows how the colors are changing.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Another note for Picasa..I have been using it for many years and have always been happy with the results.

Let me know if you have other questions. I've been using a digital camera for at least 12 years now... Latest is the Canon SX50 which is between the point/click and DSLRs. Lots of features without having to carry the extra lens. Has been on 2 cruises now and a trip to Utah. However, this does NOT go underwater :)... I have a point/click to do that :)

Two pictures are of the same thing (VAB at Cape Canaveral). One at full optical zoom, other at no zoom.

aIMG_0094.jpg.4c1f5d6e4357f913294c1d654dd7482b.jpg

aIMG_0095.jpg.4359c1fd5996e75eaab7f275e447f3c1.jpg

• 1 month later...
Let me know if you have other questions. I've been using a digital camera for at least 12 years now... Latest is the Canon SX50 which is between the point/click and DSLRs. Lots of features without having to carry the extra lens. Has been on 2 cruises now and a trip to Utah. However, this does NOT go underwater :)... I have a point/click to do that :)

Two pictures are of the same thing (VAB at Cape Canaveral). One at full optical zoom, other at no zoom.

Do you know if there is any way to protect this camera from water and still take pictures? I am going to Alaska, which might be rainy. Also I am doing a kayak trip (no rough water, but worried about splashing,ect. ) and doing a scenic float on a river Want to try and get a pic of bears or moose, seals otters without ruining this camera. Thanks

You may want to check with Canon to see if there is a waterproof case accessory.. Or search the internet. The camera has been on the market for 18 months now so one may exist. Me, I prefer my little point/click for the water shots, though, may be looking into a waterproof camera soon.

M&M... hope the case works for you... enjoy your trip to Alaska and good luck with the critter search... Was in Anchorage for work once and spent a few days sightseeing around the area. Went east towards the glaciers and then south to the sound. Saw a few moose (one crossing a 6-lane street in Anchorage) and bald eagles... but nothing else. Still, a beautiful trip.

Steve