Another preferred ship question

GKJ049

Okay, I know that this is posted often but I need some help with the decision making. The itineraries are similar: Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay, Costa Maya.

My wife and I have been on about 14 cruises but only one since 2002. We stopped when our daughter was born but finally took a 5 day with her last year. We are taking our daughter and her 11 year old friend with us on a 7 day cruise in either late June or early July. We would love to book the RCCL Navigator since it is being refurbished next month and RCCL was my favorite line but it is about $1000 more for a smaller cabin than Carnival and I have never cruised with 4 people in a 160 sf cabin before.

So, the question is: Balcony on the newly refurbished Legend or deluxe ocean view on the Dream? Similar prices for either one.

I want to make sure that all 4 of us are going to have fun. Thanks for any input.

Personally, I'd book two inside cabins... I have to have my space. We've cruised with our kids 6 out of 10 cruises and never stayed in the same room. I'd much rather sacrifice a view for two bathrooms, two TV's and two separate spaces. That's just me.

That said, the dream is my favorite ship so I'm partial there. (I'd also book a cloud 9 room...)

We just sailed on the dream for 7 days with a balcony with our 4 and 5 year old. It was by far the best cruise we have taken so far. Cant comment on the Legend yet but DW and I are booked to sail Feb 16th. From my research, the legend is more layed back than the dream and has a better waterworks, although Legend is getting the green thunder waterslide and upgraded waterworks during the drydock. Either way you should be fine. Hope I didnt just make the decision harder. :p

Okay, I know that this is posted often but I need some help with the decision making. The itineraries are similar: Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay, Costa Maya.

My wife and I have been on about 14 cruises but only one since 2002. We stopped when our daughter was born but finally took a 5 day with her last year. We are taking our daughter and her 11 year old friend with us on a 7 day cruise in either late June or early July. We would love to book the RCCL Navigator since it is being refurbished next month and RCCL was my favorite line but it is about $1000 more for a smaller cabin than Carnival and I have never cruised with 4 people in a 160 sf cabin before.

So, the question is: Balcony on the newly refurbished Legend or deluxe ocean view on the Dream? Similar prices for either one.

I want to make sure that all 4 of us are going to have fun. Thanks for any input.

Because I am bored and its -40 here and cant go anywhere I did a fake booking for you and it looks like you would be better off getting two balcony rooms that are connecting or OV, interior rooms for the cost. We will be going on the legend in March and are really looking forward to it as it will be out of drydock just shortly before we go, adding the green thunder slide which is huge for my crew going. The other option I look at also is flight cost, dream appears to be going out of New Orleans and Legend out of Tampa so that is also a cost I factor in. And because you are a cruiser I am sure you know this but sign one adult to each room so there is someone over 21 in each room than open the connecting door. Either way your daughter and her friend will be having the time of their life.

Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm leaning toward the Dream. I just don't know if I will be able to handle 3400 other people. Like I said in my OP, we had not cruised in 11 years until we went on the Cardinal Victory last year for a short one and it is the biggest ship we had been on until this year.

Thanks again.

We went on the Dream last summer when it was sold out and it didn't seem too crowded at all. The only time we noticed big crowds was during embarkation, debarkation, and when getting on and off at the ports. The ship is big enough that there's plenty of space for everyone and lots more fun activities to choose from. It didn't seem crowded at all during the cruise. :) We loved the big toilet bowl flush styled slide and the nice large waterpark area. ;) The fresh made to order pasta bar above the buffet area was awesome. And the upgraded dream spa was amazing, we practically lived in the warm bubbly mineral waters of the Thelasso therapy pool. There are several saunas to choose from too. The mini golf was much bigger and nicer than any of the other ones we've seen on previous ships. I would say do the Dream, it's bigger, newer, and there's lots more places to visit and things to do on a bigger ship like this one.

The Navigator is probably my favorite ship of the couple dozen I've been on. I like the layout of their promenade rooms and their many open decks. The Dream is the best Carnival ship I've been on so far and the Legend before renovation is in the pack a little behind.

Costa Maya is my favorite port in the Caribbean, but I don't see it on any of the itineraries. Cozumel and Belize are in my top 5 Caribbean ports, but I hate Roatan.

The itineraries of the Navigator and the Dream only have three ports so I would opt for the Legend because there are four ports it that itinerary and the price is better.

It's interesting how much opinions differ on this one. I would definitely do the balcony on the legend. But, we are the crazy ones that do a balcony with our 3 kids, all in one room! We hardly ever see our teenagers. They are only in the room to sleep. So it works good. We also aren't in our room much, but when we are, the balcony is so nice.

It's interesting how much opinions differ on this one. I would definitely do the balcony on the legend. But, we are the crazy ones that do a balcony with our 3 kids, all in one room! We hardly ever see our teenagers. They are only in the room to sleep. So it works good. We also aren't in our room much, but when we are, the balcony is so nice.

I'd do the balcony too. The bathroom thing doesn't bother me, they have public restrooms on the ship and showers in the spa area. Unless it's on the balcony, I don't spend much time in the room anyway so I go with the best dates/itinerary.

Im sorry, but if you are going on the legend after refurbishment i think its legend hands down.

The Navigator is probably my favorite ship of the couple dozen I've been on. I like the layout of their promenade rooms and their many open decks. The Dream is the best Carnival ship I've been on so far and the Legend before renovation is in the pack a little behind.

Costa Maya is my favorite port in the Caribbean, but I don't see it on any of the itineraries. Cozumel and Belize are in my top 5 Caribbean ports, but I hate Roatan.

The itineraries of the Navigator and the Dream only have three ports so I would opt for the Legend because there are four ports it that itinerary and the price is better.

Thanks Walty and hello fellow Missourian.

You are echoing a lot of my thoughts and you are correct. I messed itineraries up with the Conquest out of Miami on 6/29. The other ships do not go to Cost Maya. I have been to Cozumel and Cayman but have not been to Belize or Roatan and that is why we chose this itinerary.

I guess that I would say that I'm leaning towards the Dream right now. Thanks for your input.