Edinburgh & St Andrews - G&S

Has anyone had recent success in contacting G&S Cabs? We are looking to tour Edinburgh and St. Andrews and I have tried the links on their website with no luck. When I email them, it gets bounced back to me. It looks like they already have an organized tour that fits out plans perfectly the day we tender in S. Queensferry. Or does anyone have another suggestion?

Has anyone had recent success in contacting G&S Cabs? We are looking to tour Edinburgh and St. Andrews and I have tried the links on their website with no luck. When I email them, it gets bounced back to me. It looks like they already have an organized tour that fits out plans perfectly the day we tender in S. Queensferry. Or does anyone have another suggestion?

We have booked a tour with this company (Strachan Tours <paul@strachantours.co.uk>) You might want to contact them to see what they offer.

Cole

We have booked a tour with this company (Strachan Tours <paul@strachantours.co.uk>) You might want to contact them to see what they offer.

Cole

Thanks for the recommendation. The tour looks like what we're looking for. Hopefully we'll hear back from them.

In August 2013 we used Gordon Ross for our tour to see Edinburg Castle and then our drive over to St. Andrews...we had 6 people and this was an all day event...this was our schedule:

8:30 pick up at ship dock

9:30-11:30 visit Edinburgh Castle, being there at the open/worked very well

11:45 drive to St. Andrews

1:00 arrive St. Andrews/ have light lunch ...we ate sandwiches in the car

3:30 drive to ship

re-board ship no later than 6PM...ship departure required this time

You can purchase the tickets for Edinburgh castle on-line or get a Historic Scotland 5 day pass if you plan to visit other attractions that are on their pass at other ports of call.

I am sure the prices are higher this year but our group paid 380GBP and that included the non refundable deposit of 60GBP...paid through Gordon's PayPal account...our driver was David Frood and he was wonderful.

In August 2013 we used Gordon Ross for our tour to see Edinburg Castle and then our drive over to St. Andrews...we had 6 people and this was an all day event...this was our schedule:

8:30 pick up at ship dock

9:30-11:30 visit Edinburgh Castle, being there at the open/worked very well

11:45 drive to St. Andrews

1:00 arrive St. Andrews/ have light lunch ...we ate sandwiches in the car

3:30 drive to ship

re-board ship no later than 6PM...ship departure required this time

You can purchase the tickets for Edinburgh castle on-line or get a Historic Scotland 5 day pass if you plan to visit other attractions that are on their pass at other ports of call.

I am sure the prices are higher this year but our group paid 380GBP and that included the non refundable deposit of 60GBP...paid through Gordon's PayPal account...our driver was David Frood and he was wonderful.

For our 8/15 cruise we have a tour set up with: http://www.starfish-taxis.com.

We have arranged an itinerary that allows us to tour St Andrews, have lunch on the coast, then go to Edinburgh for some time on the Royal Mile. We will then be returned to port to tender back.

Thank you.both! I have sent off inquiries to both of them and look forward to a response.